Mossoró is the second largest city of Rio Grande do Norte, economically centred on petrol extraction, agriculture, and salt panning, and lately also shrimp farming. It is on the western edge of the state, midway between Natal and Fortaleza. The nearest beach is Tibau, some 40 km to the north.
- Daily flights to Natal by Noar.
- Buses almost every hour to Natal(4 hours), by Guanabara  and Nordeste.
- Buses every two hours to Fortaleza (4 hours, R$ 40), by Guanabara  and Nordeste.
- 5 buses a day to Aracati (1,5 hours), by Nordeste. From here you can easily connect to Canoa Quebrada
- One night bus to João Pessoa, by Nordeste.
- Shared taxis to Tibau at R$ 10 per person.
Local buses are not a good option since their routes are not clear and neither their bus stops and schedules.
Taxis and moto-taxis (you go with the driver of a motorcycle :) ) are very easy to find. Moto-taxis are a cheap alternative to taxi cabs, but they might be dangerous and the helmets are usually dirty :(
Resistance memorial (Memorial da resistência) with pictures of famous outlaw Lampião and his gang.
Downtown churches, all within walking distance one from the other.
Go to Thermas hotel, with baths in hot pools. There is a restaurant serving good food at the place and you can eat and drink inside the pools :) A must see in Mossoró. 
The city centre is full of stores selling every thing, from clothes to electronics and shoes.
- Partage Shopping Mossoró, Av. João da Escóssia, 1515 - Nova Betânia, e-mail: email@example.com. A mall with many options for shopping and food.
Praça de convivência, a place with lots of pubs, snack bars and restaurants, with live music on weekends and lots of options for local food and drinks. Quite safe area.
Tratoria - Japanese, Italian, among other types of food in a nice place with reasonable prices. Live music on weekends.
Sebosão (big greesy), a not so clean place with sandwiches and drinks.
Kobal - regional food in a kind of street market
- Near the centre is an open mall of bars, restaurants and fast food joints, called Praça da Convivência.
And lots of local pubs open all night long.
Quite a few hotels along the highway near the bus station.
Sabinos, near UFERSA.