From the north (Portland) on I-5, take the Woodburn exit #271 and follow State Highway #214 about ten miles.
From the south on I-5, take the Keizer/Chemawa exit #260B at Salem. Turn right (east) through the Hwy. 99 intersection. Continue east and follow signs about 17 miles.
- The Mt. Angel Glockenspiel (corner of Charles and Garfield streets). This 49-ft glockenspiel is part of the Edelweiss Village Building. Performs at 11AM, 1PM, 4PM, and 7PM, sometimes stopping traffic.
- Oktoberfest. Held every September. The festival brings in traditional German Bands for an evening filled with glass clanking camaraderie and energetic, foot-stomping alpine music. Take your pick between 4 Bier Gartens or Wine Garten. Fastastic hot sausages permeate the air, fresh Oregon Ice Cream sundaes, pastries, onion petals with chipotle sauce all are delicious. The largest Glockenspiel in the United States is a real show-stopper.
- Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center, 220 E Charles St, ☏ .
- 1 Mount Angel Abbey, 1 Abbey Drive, St. Benedict, ☏ . Presents the Bach Festival in July of each year. Guided tours by appointment. Built in 1883 by Swiss Benedictine monks, this beautiful abbey overlooks Mt. Angel from a butte with great views. It has the largest swinging bell in the Northwest U.S.
- Evergreen Golf Course, 11694 West Church Rd. NE, ☏ . 9 holes. Par 35, 3072 yds.
- Touch of Barvaria, 110 Sheridan St, ☏ . Th-Su 11AM-5PM. Bavarian clothing and accessories in a historic blacksmith shop.
- The Blackbird Granary Antiques and Curiosities, 190 S Main St, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-4PM.
- Happy Garden Restaurant & Lounge, 125 N Main St, ☏ .
- [dead link] Glockenspiel Restaurant and Pub, 190 East Charles St, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 11AM-9PM; F Sa 11AM-10PM; Su 8AM-9PM. Beneath the famous glockenspiel. Uses local foods and offers many special nights.
- Mount Angel Sausage Company, 105 s Garfield (corner of church and Garfield), ☏ , Lennez@ropesausage.com. 11AM-8PM (hours can vary seasonally). Mount Angels place to go for authentic, artisan, all-natural, chemical-free, handmade wurst (16 varieties) and Bavarian favorites like snitzel, spaetzle, strudel and strogonoff. Fun dining, full bar, lottery, great German beers/wine. Off site sales from six packs to kegs.
- Silverton Inn & Suites, 310 N Water St (from Wilco Hwy NE/OR-214/Silverton Hwy., turn right onto E C St/OR-214.; continue to follow E C St. 0.1 mi. Turn left onto N Water St. 0.2 mi; inn is on the left), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Mt. Angel Public Library, 290 E Charles St, ☏ , email@example.com. 5 public internet PCs, and WiFi within the building, it's outside Platz and across the street in the gazebo.
|Routes through Mt. Angel|
|Ends at ← Woodburn ←||N S||→ Silverton → Jct W E|