- Muscatine Welcome Center, 117 W 2nd St. Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. The Muscatine History & Industry Center houses the Welcome Center.
If coming from the northwest or north, take Interstate 80 to exit 271. Then take U.S. Highway 6 West/S.R. 38 South. Muscatine is about 15 miles (24 km) south of I-80. From the east or northeast, take I-280 around Davenport and exit at U.S. Highway 61 South (exit 6). If coming from the southeast, take I-280 around Moline and exit at S.R. Highway 92 West (exit 11A).
Hailing from the south and on the Iowa side of the Mississippi River, take U.S. Highway 61 North/S.R. 92 East. If on the Illinois side of the river but inconvenient to get on I-74 North, S.R. 92 West will take you directly downtown after crossing over the river.
- Quad City International Airport, 2200 69th Ave, Moline, IL (35 mi/56 km east of Muscatine), ☏ . (MLI IATA)Served by Allegiant, American Airlines (American Eagle), Delta, and United (United Express).
- Greyhound, toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Muscatine serves as a Greyhound bus stop. No ticketing services available.
- Megabus. Nearest stop is Iowa City, about 35 mi/56 km northeast of Muscatine.
- Amtrak, 304 W River Dr, Davenport. Muscatine is not along the Amtrak route, but an Amtrak bus will take one from Davenport to link up with the train at Galesburg, IL.
- MuscaBus, ☏ . M-F 6:30AM-5PM, Sa 8:30AM-4:10PM. $.75, transfers free.
- Muscatine Art Center, 1314 Mulberry Ave, ☏ . Tu W F 10AM-5PM, Th 10AM-7PM, Sa Su 1PM-5PM, Closed M and holidays. Pieces by artists such as Grant Wood (born in Anamosa, IA, about one hour from Muscatine), Matisse, Degas and Renoir. Several number of pieces revolve around the Mississippi River and cities along its banks.
Fishing and boating on the Mississippi River, or sit alongside the river and take in a sunset in downtown's Riverside Park.
- Muscatine Aquatic Center, 1 Park Dr, ☏ . Memorial Day-Labor Day noon-8PM. Water park features 5 slides.
- Muscatine Municipal Golf Course, 1820 Hwy 38, ☏ .
- Muscatine Symphony Orchestra.
- Clarion Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn), 2915 N Hwy 61, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free Wi-fi and breakfast buffet.
- Comfort Inn, 115 Cleveland St, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free Wi-fi and breakfast along with an indoor pool.
- Fairfield Inn, 305 Cleveland St, ☏ , fax: . From $75.
- Phantasuite Hotel - Econo Lodge, 2402 Park Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Strawberry Farm Bed & Breakfast, 3402 Tipton Rd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- The Muscatine Journal. Mark Twain no longer writes for The Journal, but the paper still keeps locals abrest of current events.
- Port Louisa National Wildlife Refuge (formerly Mark Twain National Wildlife Refuge) (approx 10 mi/16 km S of Muscatine). Trails and observation decks are open to the public, as well as fishing and hunting. Various species of wildlife use the area, some which are threatened or endangered. The area is maintained by the U.S. National Fish and Wildlife Service.
|Routes through Muscatine|
|Dubuque ← Davenport ←||N S||→ Burlington → Hannibal|