Home to Marriott's Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor is a common destination for people traveling to the Washington DC area for conventions and business.
National Harbor is just south of the intersection of I-95 and I-295. There are numerous parking garages in the area.
- Metrobus NH1 & NH3 operate service from/to the Branch Avenue Metro Station, where further connections can be made to Washington DC. For more information on riding the Metrorail and Metrobus, see Washington DC#Get_In.
- National Harbor Passenger Shuttle operates between hotels in National Harbor and the King Street Metro Station in Alexandria, Virginia. The bus is free for guests staying at a hotel in National Harbor (show your key card) or residents/employees of National Harbor and costs $10 for non-guests.
- Potomac Riverboat Company operates a water taxi between Alexandra, Virginia, the Gaylord Hotel and Convention Center, and downtown National Harbor. Round-trip fares are $16 for adults, $8 for children and the rides lasts about 25 minutes.
- National Harbor Marina allows docking of private boats. Advance reservation required.
Most points of interest in National Harbor are accessible by foot, but for some further out stops such as the new MGM casino, you can use the National Harbor Circulator, which operates 7 days a week from 11AM-4AM and costs $5 for an all-day pass. Stops at:
- Downtown National Harbor (St. George Blvd. & Waterfront St. bus shelters)
- Gaylord National
- Tanger Outlets (by the merchant wall on Oxon Hill Rd.)
- MGM National Harbor (on Monument Dr.)
- The Awakening Sculpture, National Harbor Waterfront
- Local Motors Tours. Sunday – Saturday: 12pm – 6pm, on the hour. Showcases the latest innovations in vehicle technology, from 3D-printed cars to autonomous vehicles
- Boat Rental @ Boating in D.C.. Hourly Rates: Single Kayak: $15; Double Kayak: $20; Stand Up Paddleboard: $20; Pedal Boat (up to 4 adults): $25; Swan or Duck Pedal Boat (4 adults + 1 child): $30.
- 1 The Capital Wheel, 116 Waterfront St., ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A 180-foot ferris wheel with views of the major sights of Washington DC and the surrounding area. Adults: $15; Children: $11.25.
- The Carousel at National Harbor, 137 National Plaza, ☎ . Children: $5.
- Cirque Du Soleil. Frequently hosts shows in a tent at National Harbor.
- 2 MGM National Harbor, 101 MGM National Ave., toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Urban Pirates, ☎ . Pirate themed adventure cruises for children and adults.
- Movies on the Potomac. Seasonal; check schedule for dates and times.. Outdoor movies on the National Harbor Waterfront.
- 1 Peeps & Company, 150 National Plaza, ☎ . Mon-Thur: 10am-9pm Fri-Sat: 10am-10pm Sundays: 11am-8pm.
- Tanger Outlets, 6800 Oxon Hill Road, ☎ , toll-free: . Over 85 stores.
- Miller Farms Farmers Market, Located on American Way by the fountain. Every Saturday and Sunday, April 23rd – November 20th 10am – 5pm.
- 1 Bond 45 Restaurant, 149 Waterfront St, ☎ . 4–11pm. New York-style Italian steak and seafood restaurant
- Cadillac Ranch, 186 Fleet Street, ☎ . American food
- Crab Cake Cafe, 140 National Plaza, ☎ . $.
- Grace's Mandarin, 188 Waterfront St.
- Nando's Peri Peri, 191 American Way. 11AM-10PM Sunday-Thursday, 11AM-11PM Friday-Saturday. $$.
- Old Hickory Steakhouse @ Marriott Gaylord Convention Center, 201 Waterfront St.
- Bobby McKey's Dueling Piano Bar, 172 Fleet Street, ☎ .
- Tasting Room Wine Bar & Shop @ National Harbor, 137 Waterfront St.
- National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill @ Marriott Gaylord Convention Center, 201 Waterfront St.
- Aloft National Harbor, 156 Watefront Street, ☎ . 190 rooms, 9-foot ceilings, large windows, modern look.
- 1 Marriott Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, 201 Waterfront St., ☎ . 19 floors, 2,000 rooms, 470,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor, 250 Waterfront Street, ☎ . 151 rooms
- Residence Inn National Harbor, 192 Waterfront Street, ☎ . 162 rooms.
- Westin National Harbor, 171 Waterfront Street, ☎ . Great views.
- Wyndham National Harbor, 250 Mariner Passage, ☎ . 250 suites, many with multiple bedrooms.
- Alexandria, Virginia is just across the Potomac River
- Washington DC is a 30 minute drive or accessible by bus/metro.
|Routes through National Harbor|
|Baltimore ← Camp Springs ←||N S||→ Alexandria → Springfield|
|Baltimore ← Becomes ← Becomes ← Washington, D.C. ←||N S||→ END|
|Silver Spring ← Camp Springs ←||N S||→ Alexandria → Springfield|