Numazu (沼津) is a city in Shizuoka.
Some direct local trains on the Tokaido Line depart from Tokyo Station, otherwise you will have to change trains in Atami (2 hours, ¥2210). You can also take a Tokaido Shinkansen Kodama train to Mishima and change there for a local train to Numazu (80 minutes, ¥3890). These trips are free with the Japan Rail Pass.
Odakyu also runs a "Romance Car" limited express train service, the Asagiri, four times per day from the Odakyu line platforms at Shinjuku. Operating via the Odakyu Odawara and JR Gotemba lines, the all-reserved service reaches Numazu in 2 hours at a cost of ¥3480.
- Senbon Beach. It is famous for sightseeing. You can see Mt.Fuji from here, and there is many pines. Also, you can walk in so long pine grove. You can escape reality and kick back and relax. However, you cannot swim here, so be careful.
- Walking or biking a dike. On the beach, there is a long dike from Numazu to Fuji city. So many people walk, run, and ride a bike here to exercise and relax. You can do that while watching Mt.Fuji and Bay of Suruga. The scene is so beautiful!
- Playing in the House of Nature. This is the place where people, especially children play with nature. You can play everything with nature. You can climb trees, explore the mountain, watch birds, and so on. You can stay there and camp. If you want to feel nature, you have to go there right now.
- Walk to the sea. From the Numazu Station, you can take a walk to the sea along the Kano-river, the largest river in Numazu. People will relax, ride a waterbike and so on along the banks. In summer, the city has a fireworks display which draws a good croud of spectators. This is the famous display around the cities.
- Near the fishing port Numazu, you will find the restaurant Maruten. A big bowl of seafood-kakiage is recommended. Seafood-kakiage is the food that mixture of seafood and flour is fried. When you enter the shop, you can be surrounded by lively atmosphere. You can feel an active atmosphere of a fishing port there.
- Noppo-bread - This is made only in Numazu. This bread is so long roll like giraffe, so the charcter is giraffe. There are a lot of kinds like strawberry jam, chocolate, rusk, peanut butter and so on.This is loved many people, so everyone in Numazu eat it!
- Cat's Cafe (Casual Cafe), Numazu (Numazu eki North exit). Just outside of the north exit at Numazu station (to the right) is a tall building with a movie theatre. On the 1st floor of that building is a restaurant called "Cat's Cafe." They have many delicious desserts, including a MASSIVE parfait that's meant to be eaten by 10 or so people (5000 yen). It's a really fun experience! Or, if you're just in the mood for a really awesome normal sized parfait, then Cat's Cafe is definitely for you!
|Routes through Numazu|
|Shizuoka ← Fuji ←||W E||→ Mishima → Tokyo|
|Shizuoka ← Shin-Fuji ←||W E||→ Gotemba|
|Shizuoka ← Fuji ←||W E||→ Gotemba → Tokyo|