Oeiras (oh-AY-ruhsh, /o.ˈɐj.ɾɐʃ/) municipality has 172,120 residents (2011).
Several Carris bus routes and the 15E tram provide the eastern edges of the municipality with transport from Lisbon.
The A5 motorway (Autoestrada da Costa do Estoril) crosses the municipality east–west between Lisbon and Cascais. The A9 (Circular Regional Exterior de Lisboa, CREL) provides access from several communities in the region's eastern area.
- 1 Aquário Vasco da Gama (Vasco da Gama Aquarium), Rua Direita do Dafundo, Cruz Quebrada – Dafundo. 10:00–18:00 daily. Aquarium displaying live freshwater and saltwater animals and plants from around the world, concentrating on Portugal. The museum exhibits preserved species from the collection of King Carlos I. Adults €5, seniors 65+ & kids 4-12 €2.50, kids 0-3 free, family (2 adults & 2 youths) €13.
- 2 Palácio dos Arcos (Paço dos Arcos), Largo Conde das Alcáçovas 3, Paço de Arcos. 15th-century noble house now used as a hotel.
- 3 Palácio do Marquês de Pombal. 18th-century noble estate. It was built for the First Marquis of Pombal, who was the chief minister to King José I and is credited with rebuilding the country after the 1755 Lisbon earthquake.
- 4 Parque dos Poetas (Poets' Park), Rua Lino de Assunção. 22.5 hectares (56 acres) park that serves as an outdoor sculpture museum, featuring statues of Portuguese poets.
- 1 Borges, Rua Curry Cabral 4, Paço de Arcos, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Sa 12:00–15:00 & 19:00–22:00, Su 12:00–15:00, closed M. Portuguese cuisine with a vast selection of wines. Mid-range.
- 2 A Quinta, Largo Henrique de Paiva Couceiro 36, ☏ . Daily 06:00–23:00. €8-17.
- 1 Vinho de Carcavelos, Estação Agronómica Nacional, ☏ .
- 1 Hotel Real Oeiras, Rua Álvaro Rodrigues de Azevedo 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Four star, 100-room hotel with pool, gym, bar, and free Wi-Fi. €45-91.