From Bremen Airport IATA: BRE, catch tram 6 to Bremen Hauptbahnhof, then catch a train.
As Bremen airport is not the best connected in the world, you might wish to consider Hamburg (IATA: HAM) instead.
There are approximately two connections an hour between Bremen and Oldenburg, which take you to the central station within an hour.
You could also travel from Groningen. You'd then take the train to Leer (D) and from there on to Oldenburg. Be aware of the border crossing after Nieuweschans. You can't use a dutch ticket to go to Germany.
You can reach Oldenburg from the A1, A7, A27 and E22 highway.
- See also: Intercity buses in Germany
1 Long Distance Buses Station
You can walk in the pedestrian streets.
- Oldenburg Film Festival. September
Carl von Ossietzky University (founded 1973) is an important regional university.
There are a host of eateries in the city center, including a variety of doener stands, Chinese Food, a McDonalds and a Burger King for the cash-strapped college student. On weekdays the Pferdemarkt hosts a market at which you can buy fresh baked breads, vegetables, and meats.
- Arabic shops, Ritterstrasse (Near Poststrasse towards the city center). There are 2 Arabic shops where they tend to have more kinds of vegetables and things you wouldn't find in any other normal supermarket. Starting with cheese and ending with polenta.
There is a good selection of small cozy places in Wallstrasse.
- Wallwirtschaft, ☎ . Wallstrasse 3. Good Italian-German food, beer, and wine. Serving outdoors.
- 1 , Bahnhofsplatz 12 A, ☎ .
- 1 DJH Youth Hostel (DJH Jugendherberge Oldenburg), Alexanderstr. 65, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. € 19-25.30.
|Routes through Oldenburg|
|Groningen ← Leer ←||W E||→ Delmenhorst → Bremen|