The town is a centre for the extraction of bentonite, chromium, and granite. The industry is centred on energy production (the hydroelectric plant), shipbuilding and engine manufacturing, assembly parts for electricity production, textiles, and the processing of feldspar, asbestos, quartz, talc, and wood.
- 1 Orșova Railway Station (Gara Orșova). There are direct trains from Timișoara and Bucharest, as Orșova is on the main line linking the two cities.
- craiova international airport. 150 km, 2 hours by minibus rail or car
- 1 St. Anne Monastery (Mănăstirea Sf. Ana).
- 2 Decebalus Stone Sculpture (Chipul lui Decebal). The largest stone sculpture in Europe at 40 m. A face of Decebal, the last king of Dacia, is carved in the rock.
- Mănăstirea Mraconia (on the road to moldova veche near Debecalus Rex).
- Veterani Cave (only reachable by boat).
- Trajanova Tabla (only reachable by boat).
- boat trip to Trajanova Tabla, Mănăstirea Mraconia, Decebalus Rex and Grota Veterani. Small boats for 15 people need at least 6 persons (60 lei each), or pay for 6 seats and go.
- Iulian Food, Bulevardul 1 Decembrie 1918 1, +40 737 180 079 (Feb 2018)
- Gusto Shaorma, strada Portile de Fier 5, +40 748 801 395 (Feb 2018)
- Manea, strada Portile de Fier, 3A, Orsova, Mehedinti, +40 252 361 391 (Feb 2018)
- Luppo, +40 252 360 669 (Feb 2018)