Elwierda Bus Company (+27 21 418-4673) runs a daily service from Cape Town to Vredenburg. Some accommodation establishments, such as the Beach Camp in Cape Columbine Nature Reserve, will be happy to collect you in Vredenburg.
- 1 [dead link] Cape Columbine Lighthouse, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A relatively new and modern lighthouse commissioned in 1936.
- Whale and dolphin watching. The cold water of the Benguela current running along the west coast of South Africa is a favourite habitat to many dolphin and whales. The best time for whale watching is from later July to September
- Wildflowers. Between August and September the whole area is normally covered in spectacular wildflowers
- [dead link] Columbine Nature Reserve, ☏ , fax: . 7AM to 7PM for day visitors.
- Diving, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Horse riding, R45 next to West Coast Fossil Park, ☏ , , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hiking, ☏ . Two established trail is available: one from Tieties Bay to Swartriet (17 km) and the other from Paternoster to Stompneus Bay (30 km). Managed by the West Coast Transitional Council. No facilities available on route. A permit is required.
- Sea Kayaks, Available at the Beach Camp in Cape Columbine Nature Reserve, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Oep ve Koep, ☏ . An old-fashioned general dealer.
- @The Gallery, st. Augustine Road, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-5PM. Fine art prints, West Coast art.
The west coast of South Africa, and in particular Paternoster, is well known for good quality crayfish.
- The Noisy Oyster, ☏ .
- The Oystercatcher's Haven, ☏ .
- Voorstrandt Restaurant, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Panty Bar, Main Road (In the Paternoster Hotel), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Well known for its rather unusual decor, underwear left behind by honeymoon couples.
- Abalone House, 3 Kriedoring Street, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. From R1100 per person sharing per night.
- Blue Dolphin, Warrelklip Street, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. From R350 per person or R800 per night (4 people) self-catering.
- [dead link] Cape Columbine Nature Reserve, ☏ , fax: . Camping or caravans only. No electricity or hot water. R57 to R82 per stand (max 6 people).
- Die Opstal Self-Catering Accommodation, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com.
- Farr Out, ☏ , (for German speakers), fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hoekie Guesthouse, 38 Strandloper Ave, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Mosselbank Bed & Breakfast, ☏ , , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. From R550 for a double including breakfast.
- Paternoster Hotel, ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Paternoster Dunes Guest House, 18 Sonkwas str, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. From R350 to R750 per person depending on room.
- Paternoster Seaside Cottages, Sonkwas, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. From R800 per unit (2 sleeper) to R3500 per unit (6 sleeper) Self-Catering.
- The Beach Camp in Cape Columbine Nature Reserve, Tietiesbaai, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Located in Tietiesbaai (bay of tits) inside the Cape Columbine Nature Reserve. Sea kayaks and mountain bikes are available for rent. Note that there is no electricity at the beach camp, though there is hot water. Tented: R132 per person or R167 breakfast included, huts: R186 per person or R221 breakfast included. The whole camp (max 23 people) can also be booked for exclusive use at R4,200 per day.
- Visit the West Coast Fossil Park close to Langebaan