Phillipsburg is an urban town in northwest New Jersey. It is designated as part of the Skylands region of New Jersey. It can also be considered part of the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania since it is so close to the city Easton.
Phillipsburg was once a transportation hub, with 5 train lines and 3 canals coming together. The canal arch of the Morris Canal can be seen when traveling down the river on canoe, kayak or raft.
The town is an Urban Enterprise Zone and many improvements are underway to bring back the town. Visitors are greeted by a unique and stunning architecture on South Main Street.
Interstate 78 or Route 22.
US Route 22 (Memorial Parkway) is the main thoroughfare, along with Interstate 78. Main Street runs through the downtown area.
- Akab Taxi & Transportation Services, +1 908-454-3240.
Bus services are provided by NJ Transit. On the Pennsylvania side, LANTA provides mass transit services.
- New Jersey Transportation Heritage Center located on South Main Street, at the Phillipsburg Union Station - the former passenger station for the Central Railroad of New Jersey and the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad. View artifacts, maps, photos, memorabilia, model of the future New Jersey Transportation Heritage Center & souvenirs.
- Phillipsburg Rail Road Historian. Dedicated to preserving the railroad history of Warren County and surrounding areas, features the world-famous Centerville and Southwestern miniature train ride several times a year.
- Delaware River Train Excursion - excursions along the Delaware River aboard an historic steam train, the Bel Del.
- Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, 3830 Dorney Park Road, ☏ . At the west end of Hamilton Boulevard near Interstate 78, this popular amusement park and water park is home to at least six world-class roller coasters, including the 200-foot-tall Steel Force, multi-looping coasters Talon and Hydra: The Revenge, and antique wooden roller coaster Thunderhawk. The park is open from early May to the end of October, and the waterpark is open from late May to early September. During the times that the waterpark is open, waterpark admission is included in the price of admission to the regular park, and guests can move freely back and forth between the two connected parks.
- Lazy River Outpost - rent a tube, raft, kayak or canoe and take a trip down the Delaware River. Ecotrips available also if you love nature.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs, ☏ (tickets). The AAA-level minor league team of the 2008 World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies plays in Coca-Cola Park in neighboring Allentown.
- Downtown Phillipsburg
- Phillipsburg Mall: Kohl's, J.C. Penney, H&M, Sears, Bon-Ton, Old Navy.
- Other shopping centers on Route 22: Big Lots, Target, Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, and others.
- Joe's Steak Shop, 274 S. Main St., ☏ . Tu-Sa 10:30AM-10:30PM, Su 10:30AM-9:30PM.
- Phillipsburg Inn, 1311 Memorial Pkwy. (US-22 West), ☏ . $80.
Phillipsburg's area code is 908. Area codes in Allentown are 610, 484, and 835.
- Allentown, Pennsylvania's third largest city, 15 miles west
- Bethlehem (Pennsylvania), home of Sands Casino Resort
- Easton (Pennsylvania), directly west of Phillipsburg in Pennsylvania
- New York City, 70 miles east
|Routes through Phillipsburg|
|Allentown ← Easton ←||W E||→ Clinton → New York City|