Pigeon Lake is one of the most intensely used recreational areas in Alberta, with 10 summer villages, 4 unincorporated communities, and numerous private cottages along its shores. The lake has a total area of 96.7 km2 (37.3 sq mi) and a maximum depth of 9.1 m (30 ft). The Pigeon Lake area does not have a significant urban area; however Wetaskiwin and Leduc are both about 30-45 minutes away.
The following are Summer Villages (very small permanent populations with seasonal homes) or hamlets.
- 1 Argentia Beach
- 2 Crystal Springs
- 3 Fisher Home
- 4 Golden Days
- 5 Grandview
- 6 Itaska Beach
- 7 Ma-Me-O Beach
- 8 Mulhurst Bay
- 9 Norris Beach
- 10 Poplar Bay
- 11 Silver Beach
- 12 Sundance Beach
- 13 Village at Pigeon Lake
- 14 Westerose
Pigeon Lake is about 1 hour southwest of Edmonton via Highway 2; take Highway 616 (exit 497) to access the north shore or Highway 13 (exit 482) to access the south shore.
The lake and its communities are accessed along Highway 13 on the south side, Highway 771 on the west side, Highway 616 on the north side, and Highway 780 on the east side.
- 1 Black Bull Golf Resort (Highway 13 & Range Road 11), ☏ . 27-hole golf resort. Clubhouse, restaurant, lounge and campground located on site.
- 2 Willow Greens Golf Resort (Highway 771 near Pigeon Lake Provincial Park), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 18-hole course.
The Village at Pigeon Lake offers a small selection of shops including apparel, furniture, liquor, groceries, and a spa.
- 1 Chef N Pigeon Lake, 21 Village Dr, Village at Pigeon Lake, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM. Smokehouse.
- 2 Daisy McBeans, 22 Village Dr, Village at Pigeon Lake, ☏ . Summer: Daily 8AM-8PM; Winter: 8AM-4PM. Casual spot for breakfast and lunch, bakery that also serves coffee, tea, and ice cream.
- 3 ECOcafé, 10 Village Dr, Village at Pigeon Lake (Village at Pigeon Lake), ☏ , ✉ Email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Eco Café focuses on sourcing local ingredients and providing natural, organic fare at affordable prices.
- 4 Village Pizza & Subs, 34 Village Dr, Village at Pigeon Lake, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 Sandbox Pub & Grill, 520 1 Ave, Ma-Me-O Beach, ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-9PM, F-Sa 10AM-1AM.
- 1 Village Creek Country Inn, 15 Village Dr, Village at Pigeon Lake, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 35 room country inn.
- 2 Edor Acres, Ma-Me-O Beach, ☏ .
- 3 Pigeon Lake Provincial Park, Poplar Bay, ☏ . Two campgrounds (Pigeon Lake and Zeiner) with over 350 camp stalls; power and power/water/sewer stalls available. Three yurts also available for rent, reservations required.
|Routes through Pigeon Lake|
|ENDS at S N ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Wetaskiwin → Camrose|