In the 1900s this was an industrial harbour, exporting slate then later brinks.
The 404 'Strumble Shuttle' bus runs St Davids - Fishguard, stopping at coastal towns and villages including Porthgain(Daily during summer months, Thursday & Saturday only from Oct - May).
It is a small village to walk around.
- Harbour. With large brick hoppers dating back to the late 1900s when crush granite road-stone was shipped from the harbour.
- Hiking. park of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path. Explore Porthgain harbour itself or venture further along the Pembrokeshire Coast Path south towards Abereiddyand St Davids.
- 1 Ynys Barry Cottages, ☏ . Self-catering accommodation on the footpath to the Traeth llyfn Beach.
- 2 Felindre Cottages and Lodges, ☏ . Self catering accommodation near St Davids, holiday cottages and lodges in Porthgain.
- 3 Caerhafod Lodge, Llanrhian, ☏ , ✉ Caerhafod@AOL.com. 4 * Visit Wales Award.
- 4 Mountain Hall Cottages, Llanrhian, St Davids, Pembs. SA62 5BD, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Traditional Pembrokeshire stone built Cow Byre (Y Beudy) and Grain Store (Ysgubor) Converted into two cottages that offer an escape to the countryside and coast. Set in eight acres within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, the properties are secluded and provide easy access to the coast path, with ample parking, lawns and grassed areas. Facing out to sea the properties boast spectacular uninterrupted sea views.
There are public toilets near the carpark, open from Easter to October half term.