Rakiraki is roughly halfway between Nadi and Suva when driving along the north coast via Kings Road. "Rakiraki" refers to the district and the main town of the district is actually Vaileka. However, it has become commonplace to call the town Rakiraki too.
Rakiraki was declared as a township in 2010, though many in Fiji felt this was long overdue.
Rakiraki is a two-hour drive from Nadi by car or taxi.
- 1 Tomb of Udre Udre. Chief Udre Udre is infamously known as the world's most prolific cannibal. During his life, it is estimated that he ate between 872 and 999 human bodies and in doing so, holds the Guinness World Record. The tomb is hard to find and not well maintained. It is best to go with a driver who knows the stories and history surrounding the legendary chief.
- 2 , Vitawa village. The rock stands out proudly and can be easily seen when driving along Kings Road. Depending on the angle and distance you view it from, the rock looks like either a man or a woman. The site is one of the nation's oldest settlements with pottery in the area dated to 1000 BC. The rock is sacred to the nearby Vitawa villagers. They believed that it was from this point that the spirits would depart for the afterlife.
- Golden Point Restaurant, Kings Rd, Nacilau Pt, ☏ . Fijian, Indian and Western food.
- 1 Tanoa Rakiraki, Kings Rd, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel offers 36 homey and relaxing rooms.
- 2 Volivoli Beach Resort, Volivoli, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Secluded, spacious resort known for its soft coral diving and sports fishing. Situated on the northernmost tip of Viti Levu, you are able to see ocean sunrises to the east and ocean sunsets to the west.
- 3 , Kings Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Right on the northeastern edge of Viti Levu, there are gorgeous views of the ocean and Nananu-i-ra island. The resort also offers snorkeling and diving courses.