York (Ontario) > Richmond Hill (Ontario)
Richmond Hill is a town located in Southern Ontario in the central portion of York Region. It is part of the Greater Toronto Area about 20 kilometres north of the downtown core of Toronto.
Richmond Hill is the third most populous municipality in York Region and the 28th most populous municipality in Canada. Richmond Hill has had a large population growth in relatively recent years and was considered one of the fastest growing communities in the 1990s. The federal government tallied the population at 162,704 people in 2006 and now it is estimated that that number has currently increased to approximately 191,000 people.
- From Toronto: City buses from Toronto to Richmond Hill are run by York Region Transit (YRT) . The one ride fare is $4.00.
- VIVA Blue bus  takes you right up through the center of Richmond Hill. As will YRT Route 99. VIVA will make less stops so will generally be faster. The ride will take about half an hour.
- From Toronto: GO Train Richmond Hill line is operated Union station to Richmond Hill GO Station. Langstaff, Richmond Hill GO stations are located in Richmond Hill
- Via Malton: GO Transit operates Route 40 – Airport Express GO Bus hourly, seven days a week to Malton airport in Mississauga from Richmond Hill Centre Terminal via Highway 407 ($6.35 one way);
York Region Transit  operates the municipal buses in Richmond Hill. Bus service is adequate, although you should check the timetables to make sure you don't waste your time waiting for half an hour. Service along Yonge street and Highway 7, where most of the interesting destinations are, are excellent, and even if you miss your bus, the next one generally comes soon. Stops offering VIVA bus service have electronic timebords that will give you the arrival times of the next three buses. Since these times are estimated through a GPS connection to each bus, the times are generally accurate.
A ride within Richmond Hill counts as one zone and will cost $4.00. The tickets are time-stamped and valid for two hours. You can also purchase multiple tickets at a discount. Remember to validate your ticket before a ride in the machines by the bus stops. There will be a slot for you to insert the ticket to be timestamped.
CAA South Central Ontario, 60 Commerce Valley Drive East, ☏ .
- Hillcrest Mall : 9350 Yonge St, located near by Yonge st and 16th/Carvile area.
- Rifca's Mediterranean, 8950 Yonge St (Just north of HWY 7), ☏ . Delicious homemade food for a decent price. Shawarma, Falafel, and other hearty selections. The owners are really friendly there too. $5-15.
|Routes through Richmond Hill|
|Newmarket ← Aurora ←||N S||→ Markham → Toronto|
|Kitchener ← Vaughan ←||W E||→ Markham → becomes → Peterborough|
|END ←||N S||→ North York → Toronto|