Old Riga — Vecrīga in Latvian — is the old town of Riga, here defined as the area east of Daugava river, south of Krisjana Valdemara iela, west of the city canal and north of the railway that crosses Daugava. Vecrīga is the only world heritage site entirely situated in Latvia.
The central railway station and the bus station are right at the southeastern corner of the old town. From anywhere in Centrs, it's around a kilometer to anywhere in the old town, wherefore walking can also be an option.
If you're coming from the airport can get in by bus 22, going along the southern rim of the old town and terminating near the railway station. The city's main transport hub, there's a bus, trolleybus or tram going here from almost anywhere in Riga, have a look at the network maps to see which line you should take.
If you travel by car, better leave it outside Vecriga; most streets are pedestrianized and parking is next to impossible to find.
Old Town Square & surroundings[编辑]
The Old Town (Vecrīga) is both a place of historical tourism sites, as well as the centre of night-life for locals. The area around Old Town was mostly built between 1860 and 1914 and has many buildings that resemble Berlin, Paris, or Rome.
Viewpoints near Old Town Square[编辑]
- 1 Triangula Bastion, 11 Novembra Krastmala iela #17. 09:00:22:00. A modern building with an excavated fragment of the historical Riga fortification wall system along the river. The building has the best view terraces in Riga. Free.
Monuments and historic buildings near Old Town Square[编辑]
- 2 Statue of Roland (In the centre of the Town Square). Statue of St. Roland, the patron of Riga. The original statue erected in 1897 was destroyed in World War II; now a replica stands there.
- 3 House of the Blackheads, Kalku iela 1, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The House of Blackheads is where the merchants-to-be had their guild. Part of this building is the tourist information office, the rest is a fascinating museum. The upper levels house grand ballrooms while the basement has a wine cellar and several exhibits relating to trading in Riga. €3, €1.50 students.
- 4 Town Hall. Pretty to look at, but not open for visitors.
- 5 Bremen Town Musicians (side of skarnu iela, between St. Peter church and Convent Yard). Amazing sculpture based on a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.
- 6 1905 Bloody Sunday Monument, 11. novembra krastmala 35 (Next to river). This monument remembrance of the events of Bloody Sunday 13 January 1905.
- 7 House of Dannenstern, Mārstaļu iela 21. The house was built by and is named after Ernst Metue von Dannenstern.
- 8 Riga monument to Christmas tree, Tirgoņu iela 17. First Christmas tree in Riga was in 1510!
- 9 The Large Guild, Amatu iela 6, ☏ . Housed the guild of the tradesmen, who would join after being a member of the Blackheads (see House of Blackheads). Home to the Latvian Philharmonic, but you can't just walk inside. It's the exterior that's worth seeing though.
- 10 [dead link] The Small Guild, Amatu iela 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Another pretty building just behind the Big Guild, this one housed the craftsmen's guild. Like the Big Guild, you can't go inside except for a performance.
- 11 The House of the Black Cat, Meistaru iela 10 (Next to the Big Guild). This building (also housing a pub of no particular note) is most famous for the two statues of black cats on the roofs. The legend has it that a disgruntled tradesman who was not accepted into the Big Guild, built this house and put the cats on it with their tails pointing towards the Big Guild, thus expressing his scorn.
- 12 [dead link] Wagner Concert Hall, Vāgnera iela 4. Wagner once lived in Riga, on the street now named after him. This hall where he performed occasionally holds concerts.
Museums near Old Town Square[编辑]
- 13 Museum of the Occupation of Latvia, Strelnieku laukums 1, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This noticeable and austere black building is clearly out-of-place. In the Soviet days, this housed a museum to the Red Riflemen, a group of Latvians who volunteered for the service to Russia during the Russian revolution of 1917. Now it houses a museum of Latvia's time under the Nazi and Soviet occupations. Very long, but very moving – essential for anyone interested in the history of the USSR or Nazi Germany. Outside the building away from the town square stands the Soviet-era Monument to the Riflemen. Free.
- 14 Museum of Decorative Arts and Design, Skārņu iela 10/20, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 10:00-17:00. The Museum of Decorative and Design Art is located in the former St. George’s Church building (1204), which is the oldest stone building in Riga. It features seven collections of decorative and design art work. Adults €5, students €2.5.
- 15 Riga Film Museum, Peitavas iela 10 (Entrance from Mazā Peitavas Street), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-W 11:00-18:00, Th 11:00- 20:00, F 11:00-18:00, Sat 11:00-17:00. This museum holds various exhibitions that display different aspects of cinema art, actors and film history. Adults €2.90; students, pupils, seniors €1.40.
- 16 Porcelain Museum, Kalēju iela 9/11, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 11:00-18:00. Covers the history of porcelain in Riga through the 19th and 20th centuries. Adults €2.50, children €1.00, free for preschoolers.
- 17 Latvian Sports Museum, Alksnāja iela 7, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10:00-17:00. Historic sports equipment and sportswear, photographs from a variety of sporting events. Adults €0.71; school children, students, seniors €0.43; children aged 6 and under, people with disabilities free.
- 18 [dead link] Latvian artists union museum, 11. Novembra krastmala 35, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. W Th 10:00-17:00. The collection covers the period from 1945 to 1991 in Latvia. Free.
- 19 Sun Museum, Valnu iela 30, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 09:00-18:00. One of Riga's weirdest museums, it covers the history of sun mythology and its role in Latvian culture. Adults €4.00, students/seniors €3.50.
- 20 Latvian National Museum of Art, 1 Janis Rozentāls Square, Riga, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Th 10:00-18:00; F 10:00-20:00; Sa Su 10:00-17:00. Latvian National Museum of Art is the most significant depository in the nation for works of art. Adults €6; students, seniors €3.
- 21 National History Museum of Latvia, Brīvības bulvāris 32, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Su 10:00-17:00. The History Museum is interesting, however there is little English (every room has its exhibits summarized on a single plaque). However, the museum does give a very good idea of Latvian history, and will give you a good understanding of the area. Adults €3,00; pupils €0.75; students, seniors €1.50.
- 22 Latvian Photographic Museum, Marstalu iela 8, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Contains photos of Latvia since 1839, with focuses on the World Wars and 1905 Revolution. Pupils €0.57, students €0.85, adults €2.13.
- 23 [dead link] Riga Photonics Center, Skunu iela 4, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Riga Photonics Center is part of University of Latvia. Occasional events.
- 24 Riga Fashion museum, Grēcinieku iela 24–1, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 11:00-19:00. Only fashion museum in the Baltics, created in one of the most popular tourist attractions in Old Riga opposite to the House of the Blackheads. Adults €7; pupils, students and seniors €5; children under 5 years free.
- 25 Museum of Ancient Baltic Jewellery, Grēcinieku iela 11/2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10:00-19:00, Su 10:00-17:00. The Museum of Ancient Baltic Jewellery was established by two well-known Latvian jewellers.
Art galleries near Town Square & surroundings[编辑]
- 26 LUMAS Riga, Audeju iela 6, ☏ . M-F 10:00-20:00; Sa Su 11:00-18:00. LUMAS Art Gallery offer latest movements in the young art scene. Free.
- 27 Art Gallery Bastejs, Alksnaja iela 7, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 10:00-18:00, Sa 11:00-17:00. Contemporary art from Baltic states. Solo and group exhibitions. Free.
- 28 [dead link] Art Gallery Putti, Peitavas iela 5-31, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10:00-20:00; Sa Su 11:00-18:00. Riga art gallery since 2000. Free.
Religious buildings near Old Town Square[编辑]
- 29 St. Peter's Church, Skarnu iela 19, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. St. Peter's Church, dating to 1209, is Riga's oldest church. Besides its ensemble of architecture, the church has an elevator to the tower from where you can see all of Riga (service not available on Mondays). Adults €3, students €2, students (school age) €1.
- 30 St. John's Church, Jana iela 7, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Sa 10:00-17:00. A smaller, less spectacular church near Saint Peter's. There is a nice altar inside, and unlike most Riga churches, this one is free. The altar is from the Renaissance period and depicts the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus. The ceiling is from the Gothic period, and has 5 separate vaulted compartments. There is also a huge pipe organ, and many stained glass windows. This church dates back to the mid 1200s.
- 31 St. Saviour's Anglican Church, Anglikanu iela 2a, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Riga's only Anglican church has English language services every Sunday at 11:00, and free concerts every Wednesday.
- 32 St. Jacob's Catholic Church (Jekaba Katedrale), Jēkaba iela 9, ☏ , ✉ Jekaba.firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Su 07:00-18:30. Dating to 1226, this is one of the few Catholic churches left in Riga. At one point, it housed one of Riga's first schools. Free.
- 33 Reformed Church, Mārstaļu iela 10, ☏ .
Cathedral (Doma) Square & surroundings[编辑]
Monuments and historic buildings near Cathedral Square[编辑]
- 34 Riga Castle (Rigas Pils), Pils laukums 3 (Near the Northern boundary of the Old Town), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Riga Castle on the bank of the River in Riga Old City is one of the medieval castles in Latvia.
- 35 Great Kristaps, 11. Novembra krastmala. Great Kristaps is popular with film industry people.
- 36 Peter I house, Palasta ielā 9. House what was gifted to Peter I and house he visited during his travels.
- 37 The Three Brothers, Mazā Pils iela 17, 19, and 21, ☏ , ✉ Ilze.Martinsone@mantojums.lv. Tu-Th 09:00-17:00, F 09:00-16:00. The oldest dwelling houses in Riga. One of them has a small architecture museum inside, along with changing exhibits about Latvia.
- 38 Latvian Parliament (Saeima), Jekaba iela 11, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A rather plain building housing the Saeima, Latvia's parliament. It has had a number of uses--including as a Soviet-era museum. Not open to visitors.
- 39 Swedish Gate (Between Torna and Aldaru iela). The last remaining gate from the old city walls.
- 40 Woman with amphora (Corner of Pils iela and Miesnieku iela). Statue of woman with amphora on a building.
Museums near Cathedral Square[编辑]
- 41 Art Museum Riga Bourse, Doma laukums 6, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 10:00-18:00. The Art Museum Riga Bourse stores the largest collection of foreign art in the Baltic states. Adults €6; students, seniors €3.
- 42 Museum of the Barricades of 1991, Krāmu iela 3, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10:00-17:00. Covers the dramatic events that occurred in the tumultuous final year of the USSR, when Soviet authorities sent troops into Riga to overthrow the elected Latvian government. Free.
- 43 , Palasta iela 4, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. May-Sep: daily 11:00-17:00, Oct-May: W-Su 11:00-17:00. Actually two museums plus a number of special exhibits, though you pay one price. English, German and Russian descriptions of each permanent collections are provided in a booklet inside each exhibit hall. Both of the main museums are quite interesting, and they provide a good idea of what Riga was like in the past. €5 plus more for photo permission.
- 44 Arsenal Museum of Art, Torna iela 1, ☏ , ✉ Velga.Pule@lnmm.lv. Apr-Sep: Tu-Su 11:00-19:00, Oct-Mar: Tu-Su 11:00-17:00. Arsenal Museum of Art is one of the largest exhibition halls in Riga. It is located in an important architectural monument – a customs warehouse or arsenal built at the beginning of the 19th century in the late Russian Classicism style. It was adapted for museum use in the second half of the 1980s.
- 45 [dead link] Literature and music museum, Pils laukums 2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. For about 50 years it was a large union of memorial houses devoted to a range of writers. The latest reorganisation in 2009 has resulted in more simple and recognizable establishment – Literature and Music Museum. Under €3 per person.
Religious buildings near Cathedral Square[编辑]
- 46 Riga Cathedral (Doma cathedral), Herdera laukums 6, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Su 10:00-17:00. Dating to 1207, it is one of Riga's symbols. The 6768-pipe organ inside is particularly spectacular. Besides the organ, however, the interior is rather Spartan, and may not be worth the entrance fee (even the organ is being restored, though).
- 47 St. Mary Magdalene's Catholic Church, Klostera iela 2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Su 06:30 - 20:00. St. Mary Magdalene's Church was made of stone in late 13th century. You can find perpetual worship nearby.
- 48 Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Pils iela 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Su 07:30 - 18:00. First stone church built in Riga after the Reformation had reached Livonia.
Art galleries near Cathedral Square[编辑]
- 49 Gallery Makslas Banka, Jauniela 14, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 11:00-18:00. Individual and group fine art gallery.
Powder Tower & City Wall[编辑]
Monuments and historic buildings near Powder Tower & City Wall[编辑]
- 50 St. Jacob's Barracks, Torna iela 4. The primary attraction here is the last remaining stretch of city wall directly opposite the barracks.
Museums near Powder Tower & City Wall[编辑]
- 51 Museum of War, Smilsu iela 20, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. May-Sept: W-Su 10:00-18:00, Oct-Apr: W-Su 10:00-17:00. 22 collections of Latvian and Soviet military equipment starting from World War I until today. free admission.
- 52 Latvian Museum of Pharmacy, Riharda Vagnera 13-15, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Sa 10:00-17:00. In a renovated 18th-century house. The museum showcases pharmaceutical equipment, traditional medicine and herbs and what pharmacies looked like a century ago. Pupils €0.71; students, seniors €1.14; adults €2.13.
- 53 Mentzendorff House, Grecienieku 18, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. W-Su 11:00-17:00. Former residence of a wealthy merchant built in 1720, now a museum dedicated to life in Riga in the 17th & 18th centuries. Adults €1.42, students €0.71, pupils: €0.57.
Near the Freedom Monument[编辑]
- 54 [dead link] Laima Clock (just south of the Freedom Monument). Laima is a Latvian chocolate manufacturer and means good luck in Latvian. The Clock is a traditional meeting place for people in Riga.
Art galleries near Powder Tower & City Wall[编辑]
- 55 Art gallery "Jekabs", Jekaba iela 26/28, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 11:00-20:00, Sa 11:00-15:00. Jekabs art gallery offer exhibitions and fine art auctions. Free.
- 1 Latvian National Opera, Aspazijas bulvaris 3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A pretty building in its own right, this is also a nice place to see an opera or ballet. €5-65, depending on seat and show.
- 2 Latvian National Symphonic Orchestra, Amatu 6, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. It is a team of highly professional musicians with strong traditions, generous sound and devoted performance. €2-70, depending on seat and show.
- 3 Theater-Club "Hamlets", Jāņa sēta 5, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Occasional events. Riga Theater-Club in heart of old city. Costs varies.
- 4 Mikhail Chekhov Riga Russian Theater, Kaļķu iela 16, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. the booking-office is open daily from 12:00 till 19:00. Oldest Russian theatre in the world outside Russia. €10-50, depending on seat and show.
Parks and gardens[编辑]
- 5 Bastion Hill, Between Raina Bulvaris and Basteja Bulvaris. A small, pleasant park surrounding Brivibas Bulvaris. Sites in the Bastejkalns include a Chinese and a Japanese building, and the Bridge of Love over the Pilsetas Canal. The Bridge of Love has several locks on the railings put up by recently married couples. There is also a memorial to the two people killed here in the tumultuous events of 1991.
- 1 [dead link] Taste Latvia, shopping center Galerija Centrs, 4th floor, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 10:00-21:00. Despite the slightly misleading name, Taste Latvia is a "Latvian fashion concept store", selling mostly clothes, but also accessories and items for the home, such as wooden kitchen and cooking utensils, hand-made ecological candles, and other items. The items are all from contemporary Latvian designers. If you want to take home some contemporary Latvian design, Taste Latvia is one of the best places to look.
- 2 Convent Yard, Behind St. John's Church. A former convent courtyard that now contains several touristy shops.
- 1 LIDO Alus Seta, Tirgoņu iela 6, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-W Su 11:00-23:00; Th F Su 11:00-24:00. Literally Beer Yard. Serves huge portions of excellent meat and two veg from a grill at the front of the tavern, as well as an excellent choice of beer. Probably the best value place in town, with two courses easily costing less than €7.
- 2 Pelmeni XL, Kalku iela 7, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00-04:00. Russian-style dumplings filled with whatever is available. Cafeteria style. Pay by weight. €5.
- 3 Šefpavārs Vilhelms, Šķūņu 6, ☏ . 11:00–19:00. Delicious stuffed pancakes/crepes at great prices. Self-service, but they have English signs.
- 4 Smilšu Pulkstenis, Kalku iela 7, ☏ . Cheap & tasty Latvian food.
- 5 Wok to Walk, Aspazijas bulvaris 30, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-00:00. The Latvian location of the international chain of stir-fry restaurants. Choose your ingredients and watch them being cooked in a giant wok. €6.
- 6 Alus Arsenals, Pils laukums 4, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 12:00-22:00 mostly. A nice, cozy restaurant in the Riga old town serving various meat and fish oriented dishes with quality local beer. Located right next to the Riga castle so it's easy to find. The actual interior of the restaurant is in a cellar, but in summertime, the restaurant features a spacious outdoor terrace. Main courses €6-18.
- 7 Fat Pumpkin, Grecinieku Iela 30/25, ☏ . 12:00-22:00. Delicious vegan food.
- 8 Gardenia @ Hotel Garden Palace, Grecinieku iela 28 (City centre, Old Riga), ☏ , fax: . 12:00-23:00. Mediterranean and European cuisine. Cozy and elegantly casual restaurant. €5 and up.
- 9 Vecmeita ar kaķi, Mazā Pils iela 1, ☏ . This restaurant and bar is a more upmarket option than Lido, serving very good Latvian food.
- 10 Pinot, Grecinieku iela 26, ☏ . 12:00-23:00. The restaurant next to the Museum of Latvia occupation offers a continental take on Baltic food. Menus are seasonal; check the website for the latest. The wine list is extensive, and the staff speak Latvian, Russian and English reasonably well. Menus are in all three languages. Prix fixe: €50 per person; a la carte: €14-30.
- 11 Rozengrāls, Rozena iela 1, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 12:00-00:00. An authentic medieval restaurant in a real medieval basement in the Old Town. Serves tasty medieval foods and beverages. €20-30.
- 12 Steiku Haoss, Meistaru iela 25, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11:00-00:00. As is evident from the name, the restaurant focuses on steaks. There are steaks of every kind of beef cut imaginable, and the price depends on the cut. The quality of the steaks is pretty much close to the best in Riga. The meat is tender, juicy and extremely tasty. Note however that by ordering a steak, you only get the actual meat. Side dishes, such as potatoes, cost extra, as do sauces. Combining all these, you can easily run up to €50 per a single meal. But it's worth trying at least once. Steaks €8-37.
- 1 Mārtiņa Beķereja, Vaļņu iela 28, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 07:30-21:00, Su 08:00-21:00. Traditional Latvian café, popular amongst locals. Always fresh pastry. Cash only sales. There are five Mārtiņa Beķereja cafés in Riga. Vaļņu iela 28 is located in Old Town Riga.
- 2 [dead link] Aussie Backpackers Pub @ Riga Old Town Hostel, 43 Valnu Iela, ☏ . Th-Sa 10:00-03:00; Su-W 10:00-02:00. Riga’s first Aussie pub promises to provide plenty of authentic down under atmosphere, but thankfully without any stuffed koalas, Fosters beer posters or, God forbid, any portraits of Paul Hogan. Spread out across three floors, the pub offers 12 local beers on draught for affordable prices served from a bar that’s actually an old VW combi van. Live bands play frequently in the basement and if the cheap happy hour prices are too much for you to handle you can always crash at its hostel upstairs. Beer: €2.50-3.00; Cocktails: €4.50-7.00.
- 3 Cuba Cafe, 15 Jauniela, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 12:00-03:00. Cozy bar with DJs in the evenings. Salsa dancing on Tuesdays starting at 21:00. 2-for-1 drinks during happy hour (17:00-19:00).
- 4 FolkKlubs Ala Pagrabs, Peldu 19 (Old Town), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 12:00-01:00. Huge beer selection with 28 beers on tap, folk dancing, live music performances, and great authentic food. Beer: €2.50-3.00.
- 5 Kiwi Bar, Skarņu iela 7 (Old Town), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00-05:00. Sports bar with karaoke nights.
- 6 [formerly dead link] Paddy Whelans Irish Pub & Sports Bar, Grecinieku iela 4, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. F-Sa 11:00-03:30; Su-Th 11:00-01:00. A popular Irish bar.
- 7 I Love You, Aldaru iela 9, ☏ . M-W 16:00-00:00, Th F 16:00-01:00, Sa 12:00-01:00, Su 12:00-22:00. Meeting place of the young and creative crowd.
- 8 Kalku Varti, Kaļķu iela 11a, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 12:00-23:00. Ground-level restaurant with nightclub in the basement. €20-30.
- 9 Shot Café, Torņa iela 4 (Near the Powder Tower), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00-03:00. Popular with young Latvians.
- 10 [dead link] Pūce, Peldu iela 26 (There is no sign on the door), ☏ . 19:00-06:00. A trendy place popular with a younger crowd. The main floor has a dance floor with rock and pop music while the basement has a room with techno and/or alternative sounds. It is a very busy place on Thurs/Fri/Sat and is closed on Sun/Mon. Entrance: free + face control. Beer: €2-3, Long drinks: €4-6, Cocktails: €6-9.
- 1 Doma Hostel, Maza Jaunavu iela 8, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Clean, safe, cheap, and in a great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Free coffee and tea. Dorm bed: €8-13.50.
- 2 [dead link] Dome Pearl Hostel, Tirgonu iela 4 (Old Town), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00 - 00:00, check-out: 12:00. Friendly, English-speaking staff. Dorm bed: €9-11; Single: €20-25; Double: €28-30.
- 3 Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Hostel, Kaleju Iela 50, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00 - 00:00, check-out: 11:00. Comfortable beds with curtains for privacy and darkness. Offers adrenalin tours, pub crawls, hockey game excursions, and other communal activities. 24-hour reception. Reception sells beer. Free shot of Riga Balsams upon check-in. Friendly staff. Dorm bed: €12-18.
- 4 Red Nose Hostel, 14 Jana Iela, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Red Nose hostel is on a quiet and narrow cobbled backstreet of Old Town, just behind St.Jana church. Dorm bed: €8.50-16; Single: €21-25; Double: €30-40.
- 5 Riga Old Town Hostel & Backpackers Pub (Old Town Hostel Riga), Valnu Iela 43, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. En suite rooms, very popular bar, sauna, and 24-hour reception. Dorm bed: €11-15.
- 6 Wicked Weasel Hostel, Valnu Iela 41, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00 - 23:00, check-out: 12:00. Dorm bed: €13-16.
- 7 Kolonna Hotel Riga, Tirgoņu iela 9, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 41 rooms. €70-100.
- 8 Metropole Hotel, Aspazijas bulvaris 36, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Not quite as central as some other hotels, but still quite near Old Town. All rooms have satellite TV and minibar. €93 and up.
- 9 Old City Boutique Hotel, Teātra iela 10 (Tram to Nacionālā opera), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. The Old City Boutique Hotel is a 4-star hotel and has a central location in Riga’s Old Town. €47-117.
- 10 Old Riga Hotel Vecriga, Gleznotāju iela 12/14 (Tram to Nacionālā opera), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Old Riga Hotel Vecriga is located in the historical and cultural centre of Riga, on an ancient Gleznotaju street (Painters’ and Goldsmiths’ Street). €42-85.
- 11 Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel, 8 / 10 Minsterejas Street, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. In a quiet street in Riga’s Old Town, within walking distance from all the main attractions. €60-200.
- 12 Wellton Centrum Hotel & Spa, 33 Kaleju Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. The Central Train Station and the International Bus Station are 5 minutes’ walk away from the hotel. €90-250.
- 13 Grand Palace Hotel, Pils iela 12 (Tram 5, 7, 9 or Bus 5, 7, 25 to Nacionālais teātris), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Grand Palace Hotel is in the heart of Riga’s Old Town, 100 m from Riga Castle. €300-500.
- 14 Rixwell Centra Hotel, Audeju iela 1 (Tram to 13.Janvāra iela), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. In a historic building. €80 and up.
- 15 Hotel Roma, Kalku iela 28, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Hotel Roma is in the heart of Riga’s Old Town, 200 m from the Freedom Monument. €142 and up.
- 16 Hotel Garden Palace, Grecinieku iela 28 (City centre), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. Elegant boutique 4* hotel in the heart of historic centre with 65 comfortable guest rooms. €55 and up.
- 17 Neiburgs Hotel, Jauniela 25/27, LV-1050 (Old Town), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00 - 00:00, check-out: 01:00 - 12:00. 55 suites. Large, clean, modern rooms. From €125, discounts with early bookings.
- 18 Royal Square Hotel & Suites, Kaļķu iela 3a (Tram to Grēcinieku iela), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00 - 00:00, check-out: 01:00 - 12:00. On Riga’s main pedestrian street, which connects the Town Hall Square with the Freedom Monument. €97-1,500.
- 19 Pullman Riga Old Town, Jēkaba Iela 24, ☏ , ✉ H9619@accor.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Opened in 2016 and housed in a complex of buildings including what is said to have been Baron Muenchhausen's stables, the Pullman carries the equine theme in its decor, while adapting Pullman's modern feel and standards to the historic construction. The top-floor pool with views over the area is certainly a highlight. The hotel wins glowing reviews with high service and accommodation standards and location very close to the heart of Vecriga, but can a bit hard to find if you are looking for a typical steel-and-glass Pullman skyscraper - the hotel is in fact hidden behind a bright red historic facade. €144.