Santa Inês is a city of 89,000 people (2019) in Maranhão known for its beaches and lakes.
The climate in the city of Santa Inês is hot and humid, having two seasons: a rainy one, which lasts from the second half of December to the first week of June, and a dry one, which lasts from the second week of June to the first fortnight of December. The months with the highest rainfall are March and April and the lowest are July and August. Between the months of May and August it is very common for days to be hot and the early morning hours and the first hours of the morning to be cold with temperatures between 18 C° and 21 C°, at this time it is also very common to form fog in the city, reducing the visibility and causing inconvenience to drivers who travel on the roads and in the city center. Between the months of September and November, the famous mango rain is also common. as it is known in the city, which are sudden, fast and intense rains out of season, usually accompanied by very strong wind, thunderstorms and sometimes hail.
System Integrado of Transport (SIT) has a fleet of 10 urban buses that circulate in Santa Inês and Pindaré and between them.
There is also a taxi cooperative based in Pindaré, which circulate on the route between the two cities. It easy to find vans to São Luís, Teresina, Imperatriz and Zé Doca in the traditional Laranjeiras fork.
- Santo Antônio Square (Family Square)
- Pastor Meton Soares Square
- Igreja Matriz (Mother Church)
- Its tourist attractions are the beaches and lakes.
- Carnival: The Santa Inês carnivals are considered one of the best in the state. Every year thousands of people from other parts of the state join in the revelry, the city's tradition is that every Carnival Sunday, the Arrastão Ponta da Linha takes place in the city , which is when all the carnival blocks come together and walk along the main streets of the city, annually this revelry brings together more than 20 thousand players.
- Festas Juninas: June parties in the city are held at the Raposa Park, a space that can hold up to 10,000 people. Every year, Parque da Raposa is full of players at this festival, and there are several oxen from the region and the state.
- Crafts: In the city there are several artisans who work with clay, their works are displayed and for sale on Avenida da Amizade, in the Pindaré-Mirim direction , there are also several canvas painters in the city.
- Pindaré, 9 km from Santa Inês, is a great tourist attraction, also for its beaches, lakes and rivers.
- Rua do Comércio
- Many inns