This is a calendar of events and festivals for the month of September.
Events in September
What is going on in:
- Oktoberfest: 19 September – 4 October 2015 Munich. Lots of people as well as beer (date needs updating)
- Soweto Wine Festival: 4–6 September 2015 Soweto. (date needs updating)
- Penguin Festival: September Simons Town. (date needs updating)
- [dead link]Soweto Festival: 26–28 September 2014 Soweto. (date needs updating)
- South African National Parks Week: September African_National_Parks#South_Africa. One week in September SANParks allow free access for South African citizens to most national parks. (date needs updating)
- Africa Aerospace & Defense Airshow: 14–18 September 2016 Pretoria. Air Force Base Waterkloof (date needs updating)
- St. Mercè parties: September Barcelona. The week around 24th of September (date needs updating)
- Fiesta of the Virgen de la Vega: 8–21 September Salamanca (city). (date needs updating)
- Victorian Fair: September Kirkby Lonsdale. 1st weekend of September (date needs updating)
- Mackinac Bridge Walk: September . 1st Monday in September:U.S. Labor Day, from St. Ignace to Mackinaw City, Michigan (date needs updating)
- Hampton Beach Seafood Festival: 11–13 September 2015 Hampton (New Hampshire). (date needs updating)
- Oktoberfest: 17–20 September 2015 Mt. Angel. Bavarian-style beer festival complete with traditional German bands (date needs updating)
National public holidays and religious dates in September
Date to be aware of when travelling.
- Labour Day: first Monday September annually North America. A statutory public holiday to observe the economic and social achievements of workers in Canada and the United States. It also marks the unofficial end of summer.
- 9-1-1 emergency number day (9-1-1 day): 11 September annually . promotional day for firefighters and police; since 2001 it has become a day of remembrance
- Anniversary of the battle of San Jacinto: 14 September annually Nicaragua. (1856 Central American forces against William Walker), de facto holiday with parades and marching bands in Nicaragua and Costa Rica
- Independence day: 15 September annually Central America. Independence day of Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, public holiday with parades, marching bands and festivities
- Independence day: 16 September annually Mexico. Public holiday with brass bands filling the streets and governors and mayors recite "El Grito," or the famous cry by Dolores Hidalgo proclaiming Mexican independence from Spain from major government palaces. People set towers of braided willow and palm stalks on fire, exploding fireworks, firecrackers and sparklers loaded inside
- Heritage Day: 24 September South Africa. Public holiday (date needs updating)
- World Tourism Day: 27 September annually . global promotion of tourism and travel by the United Nations' World Tourism Organization
- Botswana Day: 30 September annually .
|Calendar of events and festivals|
|January | February | March | April | May | June|
|July | August | September | October | November | December|