Siesta Key is a barrier island in Southwest Florida, and has one of the most beautiful beaches in North America and possibly the world. The beach is a fine white powder that is never too hot to enjoy a walk. Calm Gulf waters are typically warmer than the Atlantic coast. It is a short distance west of Sarasota.
The best beach in Florida! You must stick your toes in the sand to truly get the full benefit of this beach! It's like walking on a beach full of talcum powder, completely cool to the touch. Check out Turtle beach to search the shore line for cool seashells and shark teeth! It's a great time for families of all ages!
- [dead link] Seashore Eco Tours, 8918 Midnight Pass Road, ☏ , toll-free: . Kayak tours that launch from Turtle Beach. They also rent kayaks, along with essential safety equipment.
- Crescent Tavern. Offers a cool place to get out of the sun.
- The Casa Blanca, 6154 Midnight Pass Road, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. 100 - 200.
- Hyatt Siesta Key Beach, 915 Seaside Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. Units range from 1,800 to 2,765 square feet and feature 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, full kitchen and an optional study/den. The building also has a pool, hot tub and private access to Siesta Key Beach.
- Turtle Beach Resort and Inn, 9049 Midnight Pass Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Turtle Beach Resort offers 2 properties, both waterfront: The Resort sits on Sarasota Bay and The Inn sits on the lagoon overlooking Turtle Beach that boasts the best sunsets on the island. Each cottage has a private patio with private hot tub, hammock, and kitchenettes. Guests have access to kayaks, canoes, bicycles, fishing gear, 2 heated pools and guest laundry. There are 3 restaurants in walking distance from the hotel and they are pet and boater friendly with easy access docks located at mile marker #48 on the intracoastal waterway.