North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > North Carolina > Piedmont (North Carolina) > Research Triangle > Smithfield-SelmaJump to navigation Jump to search
Smithfield and Selma are a pair of adjacent towns in Johnston County, North Carolina.
Interstate 95, U.S. Highways 70 and 301.
- 1 Ava Gardner Museum, 325 E Market St, Smithfield (between 3rd and 4th Sts), ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 2PM 5PM. A museum dedicated to the Hollywood actress, who spent her childhood in Smithfield. $7 adults, $6 seniors/students/military, $5 children.
- 2 Johnston County Heritage Center, 241 E Market St, Smithfield (at 3rd St), ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-5PM. A museum of local history and genealogy, housed in a former bank. Free.
- Max G. Creech Historical Museum, 104 W Anderson St, Selma, NC 27576 (Uptown Selma). Friday: 10am-4pm, Saturday: 10am-12noon, and special events (see website). Free.
- 1 Howell Theatre, 141 S 3rd St, Smithfield (at Johnston St), ☏ . $4, $2.50 matinees.
- The Rudy - American Jubilee, 300 N Raiford St, Selma (at East Oak St.), ☏ , toll-free: (843-7839). See https://www.rudytheatre.com/schedules for schedule.. American Music Jubilee is a two hour extravaganza that will have you singing along with your favorite songs, laughing out loud, and feeling pride from deep within your soul! Vary by show.
- 1 Carolina Premium Outlets, 1025 Industrial Park Dr, Smithfield (I-95 exit 95), ☏ . Outlet mall with 80 stores.
- 1 Don Beto's Tacos, 720 Ricks Rd, Selma (northeast of US Hwy 70, I-95 exit 97), ☏ . Casual Mexican restaurant. There's a drive-thru window, but the menu is much more limited than what is offered for diners inside.
- 2 Sami's Pizza, 25 Jr Rd, Selma (I-95 exit 97), ☏ . 10AM-10PM daily. This pizzeria doesn't look like much from outside (it's attached to a gas station), but it's owned by a family of Brooklyn natives who serve the best New York-style pizza in the state.
|Routes through Smithfield-Selma|
|Washington, D.C. ← Wilson ←||N S||→ Fayetteville → Savannah|
|Richmond ← Wilson ←||N S||→ Benson → Fayetteville|
|Durham ← Raleigh ←||W E||→ Princeton → Morehead City|
|Smithfield, North Carolina|
|Selma, North Carolina|