North America > United States of America > Southwest (United States of America) > Utah > Central Utah > Spring City (Utah)
Spring City  is in Central Utah. Originally settled by James Allred from Manti, the place was known as Canal Creek. With the outbreak of the Wakara War hostilities in July 1853, Hambleton settlers on Pleasant Creek retreated to the Allred Settlement and pleas for reinforcements brought 50 Danish families via Salt Lake. The village was sacked, and settlers removed to Manti and soon helped establish Fort Ephraim.
Little Denmark was resettled in 1859. The Blackhawk War caused further disruptions in the 1860s when the place became known as Spring Town. The abundant and quality springs in town account for the name. The city is one of two towns in the United States on the National Register of Historic Places.
To get to Spring City from Salt Lake City, head south on I-15 and take Exit 261 at Spanish Fork. Then follow Highway 89 south to the Spring City turnoff south of Mount Pleasant. To get to Spring City from the South, take I-70 Exit 56 at Salina and follow Highway 89 north.
- DUP Museum & Old City Hall, 46 North Main, ☏ .
- Historic Pioneer Homes. You can see many pioneer homes built in the late 1800's just by driving around town.
- Heritage Day, ☏ . Held on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Tour many of the historic homes in Spring City from 10AM-4PM; Tickets $10/5 (Adults/Children).
- The Arapeen ATV Trail System. 350-mile Off-Highway Vehicle Trail System.
- Maple Canyon –Conglomerate rock climbing. West of Moroni
- Spring City Gifts & Goodies, 53 South Main, ☏ . Open Tu-Sa 11AM-5PM.
- Sugar Plum Cottage, 612 North 400 East, ☏ , . Open 1PM-10PM.
- Walker Custom Boots, North Main, ☏ . Open Tu 9AM-7PM, W-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-1PM.
- Spring City Kitchen Restaurant, 33 North Main, ☏ .
- The Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn, 11650 Canal Canyon Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Four rooms. $90-150/night.
- Wind Walker Guest Ranch, 11550 Pigeon Hollow Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , Vacation@WindWalker.org. The ranch offers all-inclusive packages.
- Canal Canyon. Area with many walking, hiking, biking, and horseback riding, along with snowshoeing in the winter.
|Routes through Spring City|
|Salt Lake City ← Mount Pleasant ←||N S||→ Ephraim → Richfield|