North America > United States of America > Florida > Florida West Coast > Tampa Bay Area > Pinellas County > St. Pete Beach
St. Pete Beach occupies an island which is located on the southern end of a chain of barrier islands on the Gulf of Mexico stretching from Clearwater to Pass-A-Grille Beach.
- Saint Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority
- Suncoast Beach Trolley, Phone: +1 727 540-1900, . Explore all of the unique beach communities from Clearwater Beach to Pass-A-Grille. The cities that are not served are Kenneth City, Belleair Beach and Belleair Shore. The Suncoast Beach Trolley runs every 20-30 minutes from 5:05AM to 10:10PM, M-Su, including holidays, with service until midnight on Friday and Saturday. Look for special trolley bus stop signs located frequently along the route. In addition to the services along Gulf Boulevard, connector routes run between the coast and downtown Saint Petersburg. All Trolleys are wheelchair accessible, and they have bike racks as well. A special permit may be required to use the bike rack.
- BATS Taxi, 5201 Gulf Blvd, ☏ .
- Dollar Rent A Car, 5005 Gulf Blvd, ☏ .
- Avis Rent A Car, 5400 Gulf Blvd, ☏ .
- Hertz Rent A Car, 4715 Gulf Blvd, ☏ .
- Gulf Beaches White sand - green tropical water. The beaches here are beautiful and easily accessible from public parking in the north, middle, and southern points of the island.
- Gulf Beaches Historical Museum, ☏ . 115-10th Avenue. Freewill donation requested.
- Hurley Park (In Pass A Grille) City Park on the beach, Restrooms - Picnic - Shelter - Playground - Baseball field - Community Center - Public BBQ Grills - Basketball - Tennis
- Fort De Soto Park, ☏ . 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, (On nearby Mullet Key).
- Dolphins Many Dolphin watch tours available.
- The Beach Theatre, 315 Corey Avenue, St. Pete Beach (Pasadena Ave to Boca Ciega to Corey Ave), ☏ . Independently-owned and -operated one-screen movie theatre that was built in 1939. They have over 30 varieties of beer and wine along with the usual soda, popcorn, candy, nachos, and ice cream. They show new releases, free family favorites, Rocky Horror, et al. $5 - $7.
- Pass A Grille Pass A Grille has some wonderful homes to view, public access to beautiful beaches, fishing from a jetty on the Gulf of Mexico side, as well as several public, free fishing piers on the side of Boca Ciega Bay. You can hire day trips to nearby islands from the public pier. There is a shopping area on 8th Ave which contains several Restaurants, gift stores, a Post office and drinking establishments.
- Shell Key Shuttle, ☏ . 801 Pass-A-Grille Way ('Merry Pier').
- Dolphin Landings & Charterboat, 4737 Gulf Blvd, ☏ .
- EagleRider Motorcycle Rentals (RENT-A-HARLEY),, toll-free: . This is a great way to spend the day enjoying all that is offered in the beach communities.
- Corey Av., Main business district for St. Pete Beach. Collection of wonderful shops and stores. 
- 8th Ave Shops, Pass A Grille. Collection of wonderful shops and restaurants. Main business district for Pass A Grille.
- Nancy Markoe Gallery, 3112 Pass-A-Grille Way, ☏ . Fine American crafts.
- Don CeSar, Shops on bottom floor of resort.
- Florida Jean Company, 429 Corey Ave. Daily 10-5. Clearance prices every day on merchandise from all the major department stores.
- Evander Preston Contemporary Jewelry Design, 106 8th Ave, ☏ . 10AM-5PM Wednesday to Saturday. Contemporary jewelry boutique.
- Banana Leaf on the Grille, 118 8th Av, ☏ . Asian and Caribbean Cuisine.
- Black Palm Restaurant, 109 8th Av. South American & Caribbean Cuisine.
- Gennaro’s Pizzeria and Restaurante,2004 Pass-a-Grille Way, +1 727 360-0563. Italian.
- The Wharf Restaurant & Bar, 2001 Pass-a-Grille Way, ☏ . Seafood/American.
- Fetishes, 6690 Gulf Blvd, ☏ . Fine dining.
- Nori Thai, 7612 Blind Pass Rd, ☏ .
- Seahorse Restaurant, 800 Pass-a-Grille Way. American.
- Hurricane Seafood Restaurant, 809 Gulf Way. Seafood.
- Shaner's Land & Sea Market, 2000 Pass A Grille Way, ☏ . Grocery, great takeout subs.
- St. Petersburg Nights, 6800 Sunset Way, ☏ . 5pm-2am Tues-Sun. Russian cuisine.
- Sea Critters, 2007 Pass-A-Grille Way (Located at the only traffic light on Pass-A-Grille on the corner of Pass-A-Grille Way and 21st Avenue.), ☏ . Sunday-Thursday, 11:30 am - 9:00 pm. Casual dockside dining with pastas, sandwiches, steaks, chicken, and especially boat-fresh seafood.
- Shadracks, 114 Eighth Av (At Pass-a-Grille Way). Old Florida-style speakeasy.
- The Wharf Restaurant & Bar, 2001 Pass-a-Grille Way, ☏ . Seafood/American.
- Hurricane Seafood Restaurant, 809 Gulf Way. Top floor, view of entire beach.
- Brass Monkey, 8th Ave. & Gulf Way, Pass-a-grille, ☏ . 12pm-1am. Upstairs beach bar. Very good Maryland-style crab cakes. They will ship crabcakes. $-$$.
- The Drunken Clam, 46 46th Ave. (corner of Gulf blvd and 46th), ☏ . They feature live music every Monday through Sunday night:
Monday: 8 PM Various local solo musicians
Tuesday: 8 PM Open mic Blues Jam hosted by Dave Shepard.
Wednesday: 9 PM Acoustic guitar with Chris Lefever
Thursday: 9 PM Billy Agans playing "Old Soul/Rock & Roll"
Friday: 9 PM Dave Shepard and the Blues Ryders
Saturday: 9 PM Chris Lefever Band
Sunday: 8 PM Various local solo musicians
- Jimmy B’s Beach Bar., 6200 gulf blvd, ☏ . Great food, drink, ice cold beer and a full liquor bar in a casual and friendly atmosphere..
Outdoor Patio Dining 2 live bands 7 days a week
- undertow, 3850 Gulf Blvd. The Undertow remains the local favorite for friends, fun, and food. The Galley serves tasty treats like: wings, burgers, fish, and salads. Breakfast -('till 10:30 AM)- is also delicious. Abby would have loved the scenic upper deck that creates an awesome shaded area beneath for outdoor dinning - right on the gulf. The Undertow offers evening beach dwellers great fun after sunset, when full moon party's and drink specials light up the night. Located next door to the Don Cesar Beach House. The 'Tow is located on Gulf Blvd., St. Pete beach. Parking is limited, so be wise and carpool - or bike, boat, or swim into...the Undertow.
- The Independent, 29 3rd Street North, ☏ . Independent Breweries, Independent Wineries, Independent Music and Independent Thought are the soul of downtown St. Petersburg's Original World Class Beer Hall. Liquid Culture is served glass by original glass to an international crowd of knowledgeable connoisseurs. Not pretentious, merely adventurous.
- Travelodge St Pete Beach, ☏ .
- Don CeSar Beach Resort, 3400 Gulf Blvd, toll-free: . Beautiful resort located towards the southern end of the island.
- Inn on the Beach, 1401 Gulf Way, ☏ . Pass-a-Grille Beach.
- Islands End, ☏ . 1 Pass-A-Grille Way.
- Keystone Motel, 801 Gulf Way, ☏ , .
- Sabal Palms Inn, 1301 Gulf Way, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Castle Hotel, 401 Gulf Way, ☏ .
- Gulfside Resort, 565 70th Avenue, ☏ , fax: . Hotel near shopping, dining, and nightlife. Very affordable, clean rooms, nice pool.
- Grand Plaza Hotel Resort, 5250 Gulf Boulevard. Resort on the Gulf of Mexico, 3 restaurants including Spinners Revolving Restaurant, beach theme weddings and conference centers.
- Ramada Inn Ellenton, 5218 17th Street, ☏ .
- Best Western Beachfront, 6200 Gulf Boulevard. Best Western Hotel directly on the beach, restaurants and live entertainment.
- Dolphin Beach Resort, 4900 Gulf Boulevard, ☏ , fax: . Beach front resort.
- Alden Beach Resort, 5900 Gulf Boulevard, ☏ , fax: . The St Pete Alden Beach Resort overlooks the Gulf of Mexico and is only 30 minutes from Saint Petersburg, Clearwater, and Tampa International Airport. Special features include 900 sq. feet of meeting space, two heated pools, two whirlpool spas, two lighted tennis courts, a children's playground, basketball court, an arcade room, and direct beach access.
- Bay Palms Resort, 4237 Gulf Boulevard, ☏ , fax: , BayPalmsResort@Yahoo.com. St. Pete Beach. directions: From I-275 take exit 17 (Pinellas Bayway) WEST to St. Pete Beach, then RIGHT on Gulf Boulevard, 3/4 mile to Property will be on the right. Check-in is at 3PM and checkout is at 11AM. Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is a boutique resort Gay and Pet Friendly, with only 15 rooms. This property is directly on Boca Ciega Bay and boasts one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg which is 1500sq feet. You can enjoy great fishing, watch for Manatees and Dolphins, or dock your boat.
- Residences of Pass-A-Grille, 104 Eighth Avenue, ☏ . Fully furnished apartment-style rentals located on Historic 8th Ave in Pass-A-Grille section of St. Pete Beach. Three units, two having porches with views of Gulf and Bay waters. Available from weekly to annually. Inquire online or call property manager for info.
- Blind Pass Resort, 7901 Blind Pass Road (On Beach Trolley line a few blocks North of Corey Ave, heading toward Treasure Island), ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 3pm, check-out: 10am. Clean and updated, variety of room types, heated pool. Spacious Honeymoon Suite with Jacuzzi. Also give all guests discount coupon for Sea Critters Cafe, located in Pass-A-Grille.
- Resort Rentals, 8010 Blind Pass Road, ☏ , toll-free: . Florida vacation condominium rentals with full-sized, fully-furnished kitchens, and all the amenities of home. Private homes for rent too.
- Caprice Resort, 6950 Beach Plaza St., ☏ . Waterfront vacation rental condos. Features 33 one and two bedroom contemporary units situated in a 6 story elevator-equipped building. Each luxury condominium vacation home is privately owned and furnished with fully equipped kitchens, private Gulf-front balconies and nightly sunsets.
- Busch Gardens Approx 40 minutes by car, in Tampa.
- Sunken Gardens, In Saint Petersburg.
- Ellenton Outlet Mall, 25 minutes by car - huge outlet mall.