Formatting and language conventions
For articles about Bahrain, please use the 12-hour clock to show times, e.g. 9AM-noon and 6PM-midnight.
Please show prices in this format: BD100 — not BHD 100.
Please use American spelling.
The stay safe section needs to be edited. I mean it says demonstrations can occur at any time that can happen any where the US switzerland I mean anywhere why should Bahrain be singled out
Who thought regionalising Bahrain was a good idea? The country is 30 miles long, most of it bare rock and sand. We have two city articles (one empty), that's it. This needs a big re-think and the minor content that is in the five regional articles can mostly be merged back into the main country article. To make it worse, the existing Manama region article is actually the Manama city article. --(WT-en) Burmesedays 01:22, 10 January 2010 (EST)
- Agreed. Merge & redirect to Bahrain looks to be the appropriate course. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 03:07, 10 January 2010 (EST)
Currency, time and spelling conventions
Below is a proposed infobox to let readers know which formatting conventions to use in Wikivoyage articles. Do you agree with these proposals? If you have direct knowledge of what is most commonly used in the country, please let us know. Ground Zero (talk) 22:50, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
"People of the opposite sex have been arrested for kissing in public and it is just not socially accepted." What sex would that be? —The preceding comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- I think it means "Opposite-sex couples" - in other words, a man and a woman arrested for kissing each other in public. I'll try to rephrase it more clearly. —Granger (talk · contribs) 13:05, 16 September 2020 (UTC)
I have previously created an alternative banner for this article (which was initially created for the parallel article at the Hebrew Wikivoyage, but I decided to suggest we'll use it here at the English Wikivoyage article as well). Which banner do you prefer that we'll use on the top of this article? ויקיג'אנקי (talk) 13:31, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- Prefer the current banner, which is more visually distinctive. Vaticidalprophet (talk) 14:51, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- I also prefer the current banner. Ground Zero (talk) 18:39, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- Current banner. New one is too hazy. --Nelson Ricardo (talk) 02:33, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
- Current banner per above. -- Ikan Kekek (talk) 03:30, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
- Current banner which is clearer and unique. Gizza (roam) 03:59, 17 March 2021 (UTC)