I deleted the reference to a (direct) ferry to/from Singapore. The operator (Penguin) states they have discontinued it & have no plans to recommence.
- I've been there, refer to it as Tioman, and recall being told by locals (in Singapore) that I should "go to Tioman". I think that the other names should be used as redirects, but Tioman meets the "most common" criteria. -- (WT-en) Ryan 00:06, 30 Jan 2006 (EST)
- "Pulau" is Malay for "Island". As there is no other Tioman than the island, it's rather redundant, and as Ryan notes it's not used in everyday speech. (WT-en) Jpatokal 07:22, 31 Jan 2006 (EST)
I think the article deserves to be more than an outline by now. Since I am a newbie wikivoyager, I'll leave this change to someone else - perhaps JPatokal wants to do this?
- Excellent work! This is definitely at least "usable" now, and the only thing missing to make it a "guide" is some listings for places to eat. Contact info etc for the budget operations would also be useful. (WT-en) Jpatokal 07:15, 4 April 2006 (EDT)
Water taxi prices
Is that really 50 RM for a water taxi ride!? On eg. the Perhentians to the north the standard short hop fare is 5 RM/person! (WT-en) Jpatokal 07:17, 4 April 2006 (EDT)
- Yes, they are insane. They know, that the only way to go from a to b is the watertaxi, or the jungle-trecks. There was a waterbus once, which had a schedule around the island, but neither I nor other travellers have found it. Interestingly a trip around the island, with stops at some beaches and the waterfalls in the south is about RM 70. Anyways, it is always possible, that they were kidding me - I never really intended to take one of the watertaxis.. I can confirm this in a couple of days, since some of my friends will go to Tioman soon.
- So be it - confirmed. Prices are insane. But at least a couple of people can share the fare.
Japamala Resort photo
How do you all feel about this as a problematically promotional photo? I think the photo is beautiful and I want it to remain in this article, but I'm not sure the resort should be identified by name in the caption. What do you think? Is this a problem or not? (WT-en) Ikan Kekek 00:04, 22 November 2011 (EST)