make difference to mining tourism more apparent
The way the intro is currently worded it sounds as if this here article also dealt with mines.. (which BTW could be linked) Hobbitschuster (talk) 13:36, 16 December 2015 (UTC) Hobbitschuster (talk) 13:36, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
Splitting India sections
This might need some expert assistance, as some of the 'caves' listed may be human created shrines and so forth, but be expansions on existing natural caves. ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 14:08, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- Yes. - Mining/quarrying was a separate because it was a large chunk of what would be here. ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 15:10, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- I've added "Electric Mountain" as it's one of the more prominent vistor centres for a UK hyrdo-power scheme ( There's another one in Scotland I've visited.)ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 18:40, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- Most major power stations in Norway are hidden in tunnels 200 or 1000 meters inside mountains, there hundreds of these, I guess some of the them are open for visitors, but I am not sure if they should count as "underground works" or as "industrial tourism". --Erik den yngre (talk) 19:14, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
This edit parenthetically mentions "D&D cosplay". Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you talking about LARP? To my knowledge D&D stands for "Dungeons and Dragons" a specific role playing game. "Cosplay" is a fancy Japanese Wasei-eigo derived term for "dressing up". LARP meanwhile means "live action role play" (without describing which particular game is meant). Did you confuse terms or am I the one that's confused? Hobbitschuster (talk) 00:01, 29 December 2018 (UTC)
- I am as well, The listing is from London/South so if a decision is made to reword, I would favour rewording it there as well. ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 10:39, 29 December 2018 (UTC)
- I suppose you could have nice cosplay time in those surroundings. It would also be an exciting environment for LARP, but it might be difficult to care for the security. So, somebody knows what happens there in the reality? Unless we know, the wording should be removed also from London/South. And I am also worried about the 8,000 years. I could not find that statement on the website and I suppose people here were not good at digging deep holes at the time of the pyramids. They might have had a quarry, but hardly any passageways into the rock. --LPfi (talk) 19:23, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
- Swept in from the pub
This needs some listing entries from the North and other parts of the UK, given the entries so far are rather London-centric ? (with the exception of the Williamson tunnels which I pulled from Liverpool ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 11:44, 30 December 2018 (UTC)
"D&D Cosplay" ?
- Swept in from the pub
Bringing something from a talk page here for a wider set of opinions
- Yes, they are different.