Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tawas City and nearby East Tawas are cities in Northeastern Michigan.
- 1 Tawas Point State Park (east of town on Tawas Beach Rd). Tawas Point State Park is east of town and abuts Lake Huron and the eastern part of Tawas Bay.
- 2 Tawas Point Light. One of over 100 lighthouses in Michigan. Located within Tawas Point State Park
- Family Theatre, 132 Newman St, ☏ . Single-screen cinema. $4 general admission, $3 children 11 and under.
- Tawas Bay, and Tawas Point State Park in nearby Baldwin Township, are considered to be especially good locales for birding, and are listed as Important bird areas. They are said to be the most important "migrant trap" in the Saginaw Bay area. A fairly complete list of migratory birds that frequent the area is available.
- Tawas Point has been a top kite-boarding destination.
|Routes through Tawas City|
|Alpena ← Harrisville ←||N S||→ Bay City → Saginaw|
|Houghton Lake ← West Branch ←||W E||→ END|
|East Tawas, Michigan|