Jump to navigation Jump to search
Along the route you can see remains of the earthworks created by the Romans as well as a number of modern reconstructions of towers and forts.
Points of interest on the route
- 1 RömerWelt am Caput Limitis (Roman world), Arienheller 1, Rheinbrohl, ☏ .
- 2 Roman tower. Reconstruction on the Limes near Oberbieber, Neuwied.
- 3 Roman watchtower. Reconstruction on the Limes near Sayn.
- 4 Pohl fort, Kirchstraße, Pohl, ☏ . Reconstruction of roman fort
- 5 Saalburg (Römerkastell Saalburg) (Bad Homburg), ☏ . The reconstructed Saalburg fort is the highlight of the Limes Germanicus, and is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- 6 Limesmuseum Aalen, St.-Johann-Straße 5, Aalen, ☏ . Limes information centre
- 7 Römermuseum Weißenburg (Weißenburg Roman Museum), Martin-Luther-Platz 3, Weißenburg, ☏ . Limes information centre
Most of the barbarian Germanic tribes are no longer a risk.