Tuxpan is in Veracruz.
Big PEMEX terminal hereː imagine that behind you while you're sipping on a beer at the beach. And a thermoelectric plant at the north end. But Tuxpan is also known as part of the Costa Emeralda, the Veracruzan Emerald Coast. Just put your blinders on and all should be okay.
- 1 Parque Reforma. With fountains and occasional events, plus snack vendors and intriguing municipal buildings around, it's not a bad little town square. Plus you can walk over to the Pantepec River path a block south for a pleasant view there.
- 2 Museo De La Amistad Cuba - México, Álvaro Obregón 1, Santiago de la Peña (across the Pantepec River from Tuxpan), ☏ . 09ː00-17ː00 Tu-F, 09ː00-14ː00 Sa-Su, closed M. Here is a curiosity on ties between these two Latin American countries. Through writings, paintings, sculptures, and other items, one stands to learn a lot about the relations over the years through this museum.
- 1 Tuxpan Beach (Tuxpan Playa). Ahh, surf and sand and offshore oil tankers.
- 1 Hotel Playa Azul Tuxpan, Carretara a la Termoeléctrica Km. 2.5 Ejido, ☏ . Beach hotel. Pet-friendly.
- 2 Hotel Río Paraiso, Carr. Tuxpan, Carr a la Barra Nte Kilómetro 7, ☏ . This hotel has a pool with a walkway over it; moreover, you can watch behemoth oil tanker and other marine traffic on the river all day to your heart's content.
- 3 Holiday Inn Express Tuxpan, Km. 6.5 Carretera A la Barra S/N Col. la Calzada Col, ☏ . Another river resort, good if you like a modern, concrete bunker feel. Free breakfast.
- 4 Crowne Plaza Tuxpan.
- 5 Hotel Reforma, Av Benito Juárez 25 (right in town, a couple blocks east of the zocalo). This hotel has a nice colonial feel. Restaurant/bar.