North America > United States of America > Alaska > Arctic Alaska > Unalakleet
Unalakleet is a large town along Norton Sound. It is situated at the mouth of the Unalakleet River.
There are a few ways into Unalakleet, including but not limited to:
- The Iditarod Trail. This is an easy way to get in.
- The Unalakleet Airport. This is yet another easy way to get in.
- There is also a winter trail that goes from St Michael.
The town is small enough that you could walk, but you could also drive if you have a car there, or you could even use a bicycle.
- Peace On Earth, 107 West Beach Rd, ☎ .
- Cool Beans TNCO, 177 Oceanview Dr, ☎ .
- Unalakleet River Lodge, 10 miles upriver from Unalakleet, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Unalakleet River Lodge is a remote luxury fishing lodge in the northwestern bush of Alaska. The lodge is actually ten miles up river from the Village of Unalakleet. Daily scheduled air service is provided by PenAir between Anchorage and Unalakleet. $5,300 dollars per person for one week.
- Maggie's Hotel, 206 Main St, ☎ .
Unalakleet Covenant Church, Main St.
- Kaltag, the next town going east on the Iditarod Trail
- Shaktoolik, the next town going west on the Iditarod Trail
- St. Michael, a town accessible from Unalakleet by a winter trail
|Routes through Unalakleet|
|Nome ← Shaktoolik ←||W E||→ Kaltag → Iditarod|