|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|For your various contributions to Wikivoyage, and especially for your work in improving our coverage of Asian destinations. Ground Zero (talk)|
Hi, Soumya-8974. It's great that you plunge forward and make so many great updates! In the case of non-obvious changes of pagebanner, though, the procedure is to post a thumbnail of the existing pagebanner and your proposed replacement on the talk page of the article in question and wait to see if a consensus develops, not to replace pagebanners unilaterally. In the event, I disagree somewhat with one of your replacements and strongly with another. Your input is requested at Talk:Kashmiri phrasebook and Talk:Ladakhi phrasebook. Thanks.
All the best,
Changing categories to articles
Default address parameters
Hi, Soumya-8974. You do fine work, but you haven't posted a single reply on this page, so I feel like you may not be reading any of this. I hope you are. If so, please read Wikivoyage:Listings#Template parameters:
- address: the street address for the business or attraction. Do not include the city (if the same as the page title), the state/province or postal code (except for addresses in the United Kingdom and Germany, which should include the post code; see Wikivoyage:Abbreviations#Addresses, etc. for formatting guidelines).
So in the Amaravati guide, Amaravati should not appear in any address tab of any listing.
I saw that you deleted some city listings in Rayalaseema#Cities. They all have to be restored because that region is a bottom-level region not divided into any subregions. Otherwise, we have orphaned cities. I can only hope you're reading. You do great work but have been entirely uncommunicative, which is not the Wiki way. Ikan Kekek (talk) 22:51, 28 February 2021 (UTC)
Hi, Soumyabrata. I don't think HYD airport is big or complex enough to merit its own article. Before you put any more work into the article, please join me to discuss at Talk:Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. Hope to see you there. All the best, ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 09:59, 11 March 2021 (UTC)
- To my knowledge, User:Soumya-8974 hasn't replied to any talk page post ever, so don't hold your breath. Ikan Kekek (talk) 10:11, 11 March 2021 (UTC)
- So I see. Soumya, is there anything we can do to help you feel more comfortable using talk pages? It's alright to be nervous (if indeed you are), but we're really quite friendly here. You obviously made your user page to introduce yourself to the wider community, and we only want to work in collaboration with you.--ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 10:30, 11 March 2021 (UTC)
An award for you
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|For your various contributions to Wikivoyage, and especially for your work in improving our coverage of Asian destinations. Ground Zero (talk) 12:41, 18 March 2021 (UTC)|
"At the north(west)"
I guess this is Indian English for "to the north(west)", but to this American, it would seem to imply that it's the north(west) part of whatever (in this case, Mumbai). "To the [direction]" means that it is [direction] beyond the city limits. So I will change these phrases back, but let's discuss the language if "to the [direction]" is confusing to an Indian and find an expression that's clear to all English-speakers. Thanks. Ikan Kekek (talk) 12:53, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
Please do not make unilateral changes
Hi there, please do not make unilateral changes by just redirecting Kalwa to Thane because of how you feel it is. Discuss options on the talk page first. Also, can you please stop making unnecessary redirects. They provide no help and they'll end up being deleted in the end. SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 07:49, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Also I see you've a tendency to not reply on talk pages. But please inform about the change in Talk:Kalwa and not here before making unilateral changes. SHB2000 (talk | contribs | en.wikipedia) 07:56, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
- Since Kalwa has no attractions or activities for travellers, that city does not merit its own article. That is why I redirected the article to the nearby city Thane. If you believe that Kalwa still merits an article, then list attractions under "See" and activities under "Do" if you find one. --Soumya-8974 (he) (talk • contribs) 08:02, 12 May 2021 (UTC)
You need to stop unilaterally editing an article like Eastern Europe and pay attention to the discussions on Talk:Eastern Europe and the Travellers' pub. Ignoring those threads and bullheadedly continuing is not a good idea. Please stop. Ikan Kekek (talk) 10:07, 5 July 2021 (UTC)
Redirect and Disambiguation ban
There is a proposal to ban you from redirects and disambiguations for a certain period of time. It's currently being discussed on Wikivoyage:User ban nominations, and this is just a note to tell you about the proposal. SHB2000 (talk | contribs | meta.wikimedia) 00:50, 24 July 2021 (UTC)