Add an element in a list
- Swept in from the pub
Looking for bot
- Swept in from the pub
Hi, I'm from the french wikivoyage and I wonder if exist a bot to copy the Geo template paste it on the equivalent page in the other language versions? I would help us and all language version of wikivoyage. --Adehertogh (talk) 11:39, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
- Have a look here Wikivoyage:Script_nominations#The_Anomebot2. Pashley (talk) 14:00, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here. --Saqib (talk) 20:01, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
The new Wikidata mechanism for interwiki links has just gone live, which is about to replace all of the links in the article text you're adding -- you might want to hold off on adding more links for now, until we see how much of the job can be automated. It might save you some time! -- D. Guillaume (talk) 05:47, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- I just wanted to link categories in french without any interwiki others categories in english before importation to wikidata to avoid the creation of an items for the french category when it already exist in an other language. --Adehertogh (talk) 05:51, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I'm just curious why you are adding MapMasks to articles with static maps such as Paris ?
The example I used adds more than 9,000 bytes to the page without any obvious utility, so I thought I would ask the question.
- I had a hunch and it was correct! You also added the mapmask to the corresponding French page where both Dynamic map and static map is allowed.
- The problem is that we have a different policy on English Wikivoyage so that we don't have both styles of maps.
- Would you propose to replace the static maps with dynamics maps (that can use the map masks) ? If not then I would suggest we should remove, since the map mask data adds unneeded bytes to the page, and will not be updated if the original on the French page changes. --Andrewssi2 (talk) 09:37, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
A little tip
Did you know that you can create subpages in your user space? Simply create "User:Adehertogh/whatever name you like". In that way you don't need to use your user page for article translations, experiments etc. -- ϒpsilon (talk) 16:47, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi ϒpsilon, I know it but I use a toll to translate listings to french (http://transvoyage.inkey-art.net/index.php) and this tool doesn't support subpages... so the districts articles must be copied to user page and than I remove it... thanks for understanding.--Adehertogh (talk) 16:51, 20 November 2015 (UTC)