To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here. Hobbitschuster (talk) 09:33, 26 October 2017 (UTC)
Hi, MSG17. A belated welcome to Wikivoyage. Thank you for your edits, and particularly for your creation of several airport articles, which are definitely needed. Just to let you know, we do have a list of all our Airport articles. If you intend on starting any more articles, would you mind adding them as listings to that article, just so we can keep it updated? Thanks in advance, ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 21:41, 26 January 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for noticing and reminding me to add the articles there. Honestly, I forgot about that page. I should also make sure all my airport pages are added to WV:Airport Expedition. MSG17 (talk) 13:32, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
Confusing Cairo Metro colors
The colors of the Cairo Metro you changed on Wikidata are wrong. That's why I reverted the colors there. Unfortunately the colors in the English Wikipedia article on Cairo Metro are wrong, too. Metro lines 1, 2, and 3 use red, orange, and green, respectively. See also Cairo metro maps. It is confusing to travelers to have different colors in the guide as compared to the reality. --RolandUnger (talk) 14:27, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Ok. That is interesting. Thanks for telling me and fixing it. MSG17 (talk) 15:44, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, it doesn't show up properly as a draft and it doesn't show up in the search. Still might be useful for staying out of mainspace, but would probably be better off taking it out as an article. Besides, I should look at expanding the current crop first. MSG17 (talk) 14:40, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
Mapframe in New York City article
Hi, MSG17. I just wanted to give you a heads-up that I reverted your addition of a mapframe to the New York City article. You can see my reasons here, but basically, I'd say there's no need for it and it's less clear and elegant than the existing static map.
All the best,
- Thanks. I was looking around for what the policy was on the talk page, sp thanks for finding it when I couldn't. MSG17 (talk) 11:33, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
- THanks! Sometimes theses errors happen, I don't know the cause either. MSG17 (talk) 14:04, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, I do. You basically aplly the mapshapes template onto the wikidata item of the transit system you want to use. However, this doesn't mean it will show up, since there can be issues with KML files and/or OpenStreetMap data and its links to Wikidata that can mess up the map display. For example, I just tried to edit Jerusalem Light Rail in OSM, but it's not well organized, so it won't show up correctly. Also, data on OSM usually takes a day or two to show up here. Hope this helps. MSG17 (talk) 13:10, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
An award for you!
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|Great work on all those airport articles (and other articles too, of course). Please have a barncompass! ϒpsilon (talk) 19:39, 13 August 2018 (UTC)|