To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.
And please make sure to read Wikivoyage:Don't tout carefully. Please note that marketers are normally not permitted to add any new listings, although there is currently one exception to this rule, and if you'd like to engage in a dialogue, we can discuss why we've made an exception for him.
All the best,
- Can you please explain these deletions? Absent a clear reason for them, the content you deleted will be restored promptly. Ikan Kekek (talk) 18:19, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
Hello, VizergySEO! Thank you for contributing to Wikivoyage, but please note that one or more of your recent edits has been reverted as it appeared to be an attempt to use this site to advertise or promote a business or service. Wikivoyage is created by travellers for travellers, and while business owners and employees are welcome to contribute, use of this site for promotional purposes is not allowed.
If you feel that your edits were incorrectly identified as promotional, please read Wikivoyage's guidelines on identifying promotional edits. If, after reading that guideline, you still feel your edits were incorrectly removed, please use this talk page or the talk page of the article where your edit was removed to explain why your change was not promotional. Note that it is very important that you discuss your proposed change before re-adding it since repeated promotional edits can lead to a temporary block of your account's ability to edit Wikivoyage, and in serious cases the business in question may be blacklisted from Wikivoyage. -- Ryan • (talk) • 22:25, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
Good Afternoon - I thank you for sending this back to explain myself in the 'edits'. The reason for the change is that the hotel has JUST undergone a name change, URL change, and i felt that the old description was marketing language and my new edits were to remove the promotional talk. Can you please help me to identify the accurate way to re-submit this listing? I am the SEO manager for this hotel and am a Certified partner with Hyatt Corporation. Thank you —The preceding comment was added by VizergySEO (talk • contribs)
- Hello. I'm glad you have read and replied in this thread.
- Wikivoyage:Don't tout has a section for "Marketers and SEOs", which it's important for you to read carefully. The procedure for you to follow is laid out there as follows:
- If a hotel is truly exceptional, or if a city has a very limited number of lodging options available, you may propose a listing to be added by suggesting it on the article's talk page, but do not add the listing yourself.
- I'm sorry, but all listings you are adding directly to destination articles must and will be deleted per policy. But I'm OK with making an exception for your new Emory Conference Center Hotel listing, which is well formatted and does not otherwise run afoul of this site's policy against advertising. Whether others will agree, I couldn't say, so don't be surprised if that listing, too, is removed. Please add suggested listings to articles' talk pages.
- All the best,