North America > United States of America > California > Southern California > Los Angeles > San Fernando Valley > Van Nuys
Van Nuys sits north of U.S. Route 101 and straddles Interstate 405, which runs through the middle of the district's boundaries. It lies north of Sherman Oaks and south of North Hills and Panorama City.
Anyway, if you're determined to be in the middle of "The Valley": Van Nuys Blvd around Victory Bl is the closest thing to a town center for the Van Nuys district, but there really isn't much to see.
- Van Nuys Golf Course, 6550 Odessa St, ☏ . This small park boasts an 18-hole, par 3 course for beginners as well as a driving range.
- Iceland Ice Skating Center, 14318 Calvert St, ☏ . This indoor ice skating rink offers bumper cars, "easy skaters" (or, walkers for new skaters), and three party rooms. Also a recognizable landmark for fans of the 2005 film Me and You and Everyone We Know.
- Van Nuys Sherman Oaks Pool, 14201 Huston St, ☏ . The area's public pool tends to be crowded, but clean. With an LA City Library Card, admission is free, as are pull buoys, kick boards, and fins.
- Woodley Lakes Golf Course, 6331 Woodley Ave, ☏ . Woodley Lakes has tournament-like greens with flat, wide, and forgiving holes that are great for beginners.
- Dr. Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas BBQ, 8136 Sepulveda Blvd, ☏ . It gets really busy on the weekends. Try the beef ribs, pork ribs, beans and macaroni salad. It also has delicious bread.
- El Criollo, 13245 Victory Blvd, ☏ . Cuban.
- El Katracho, 14838 Burbank Blvd, ☏ . Honduran.
- Kyushu Ramen, 15355 Sherman Way Ste N, ☏ . Authentic Japanese food. Open late.
- Lido Pizza, 15232 Victory Blvd, ☏ . Casual Italian.
- Little Ocha of the Valley, 13647 Victory Blvd, ☏ . Thai.
- Lulu's Restaurant, 16900 Roscoe Blvd, ☏ . American Traditional & Sports Bar.
- Mercado Buenos Aires, 7540 Sepulveda Blvd, ☏ . Argentine Steakhouse.
- Norm's Restaurant, 13640 Sherman Way, ☏ . A diner.
- Papa's & Beer, 6740 White Oak Ave, ☏ . Mexican.
- The Sherman Room, 16916 Sherman Way, ☏ . American & Steaks.
- Valley Ranch Barbeque, 16623 Sherman Way, ☏ .
- Yagumo Sushi, 14554 Vanowen St, ☏ . Japanese & Sushi.
- 1 Los Tres Hermanos (Mexican Food), 7456 Van Nuys Blvd (corner of Van Nuys and Sylvan), ☏ . 9AM to 10PM. A local Mexican restaurant that mixes in some authentic food from Mexico. Most of the time the restaurant is busy during the week with most of the customers coming from the local businesses. $14.
Van Nuys isn't exactly known for its nightlife, but there are a few local spots that offer a laid-back neighborhood atmosphere as well as live music.
- Charlie O's Bar & Grill, 13725 Victory Blvd, ☏ . Live jazz, blues, and a full bar.
- Springbok Bar & Grill, 16153 Victory Blvd, ☏ . South African pub known for BBQ, beer, rugby fans, international beers on tap, and live performances.
- Ireland's 32, 13721 Burbank Blvd, ☏ . Irish charm, pub food, and live bands or karaoke.
Travelers should be wary of staying at any "motel" or "motor inn" in the area. Most of the "motels" cater to the many prostitutes found along Sepulveda Boulevard. There are only four legitimate hotels in Van Nuys:
- Airtel Plaza Hotel, 7277 Valjean Ave, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 8244 Orion Ave, ☏ .
- Suburban Extended Stay, 13561 Sherman Way, ☏ .
- Travelodge Van Nuys, 6909 Sepulveda Blvd, ☏ .
|Routes through Van Nuys|
|END ← North Valley ←||N S||→ Sherman Oaks → West Los Angeles|
|Santa Barbara ← Chatsworth ←||N S||→ Burbank → Los Angeles|
|Chatsworth ← South Valley ←||W E||→ North Hollywood → END|