North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Virginia > Northern Virginia > Fairfax County > Vienna (Virginia)
The car is king in Vienna its the most practical way to get around in most of Northern Virginia due to a very basic mass transit system, and sprawl. Sprawl and lacking mass transit of course lead to traffic, the D.C. metro area has the second worst in the United States by some measures, so feel free to drive to and through Vienna just not from 8:00 to 10:00 or 4:30 to 7:00 Monday through Friday. Vienna does have a metro stop, its the end of the line for the D.C. metro's Orange line, however it is almost two miles from the center of town. Buses run the length of the town up and down Maple Avenue, the defacto main street. It is also worth noting that "down town" Vienna is small enough to get around on a bike or on foot, but its a car that will get you in and out of the town.
- Wolf Trap. A performing arts center located on national park land. Performances run year round.
- Shulas steak house Step into Shula's Steak House in Tysons Corner and step back to 1972, when Coach Don Shula led the Miami Dolphins to a perfect football season. At Shula’s Steak House, Coach Shula has taken the same winning approach to his steak houses, which means succulent steaks, unparalleled service, and an unbeatable ambiance. 8028 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182. 
- Sunflower. Asian-inspired vegetarian restaurant. 2531 Chain Bridge Rd.
- Nelson's Frozen Custard Very good! Subs and ice cream, Locally owned and very family friendly. On Church street near lawyers rd
- The Vienna Inn located in the center of Vienna on Maple Avenue. The oldest bar in town its family owned and operated, and locally famous for its $1.50 chili dogs. A basic local bar, still welcoming to outsiders, cheap domestic drafts and hearty reasonably priced meals are its claim to fame. For a night on the town head to D.C. but if you find yourself in Vienna with couple friends just looking to relax this is the place.
- Tysons Corner Marriott, 8028 Leesburg Pike, ☏ . This hotel features a 24-hour fitness center and swimming pool.
- Sheraton Hotel - Tysons Corner, 8661 Leesburg Pike, ☏ .
- Embassy Suites Tysons Corner, 8517 Leesburg Pike, ☏ .
- The Vienna Police the town has a very large police force for both its physical size and population. When you enter the town limits on most roads the speed limits drop by 10mph. Also Vienna was an enthusiastic user of red light cameras using them on more than 10% of intersections with traffic signals until the state banned such cameras. The ban was recently lifted so the cameras will probably be making a comeback.
- Washington, D.C is located 10 miles away
|Routes through Vienna|
|Middletown ← Fairfax ←||W E||→ Falls Church → Washington, D.C.|
|END ←||W E||→ Falls Church → East End|