The waters at Manitou Beach are known for their high salinity and resulting buoyancy and due to the density of the lake water is ten times that of regular water, persons who enter the lake naturally float on top. It is one of only three bodies of water in the world with such properties, the other two being the Dead Sea in Israel and Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic.
Watrous is located 115 km (71 mi) southeast of Saskatoon along Highways 16 and 2, and 175 km (109 mi) north of Regina along Highways 11 and 2. Manitou Beach is 5 km (3 mi) north of Watrous along Highway 365.
A bike or a car would be a help in getting around. Watrous and Manitou Beach are difficult to reach without a car as there is little convenient public transportation in the area.
- Last Mountain Lake National Wildlife Area (45 km SE of Watrous along Hwy 2 and Hwy 15.), ☏ . The north end of Last Mountain Lake is one of the Prairie Provinces' most important waterfowl staging areas and is a crucial "refueling stop" for waterfowl and other water and land birds on their way from the Arctic to the southern United States. Over 280 species of birds have been recorded and over 100 of these species have been documented to breed in the area.
- Gallery on 3rd, 102 3rd Ave E, Watrous. Featurs exhibits by local artists, artists from the surrounding area, the province and international artists as well as exhibits from Arts on the Move, provided by the Organization of Saskatchewan Arts Councils (OSAC)
- 1 Manitou Beach, MacLachlan Ave, Manitou Beach.
- 2 Manitou Beach Golf Club, ☏ .
- 3 Danceland, 511 Lake Ave, Manitou Beach, ☏ , toll-free: . Home of the world-famous horsehair-sprung dance floor.
- 4 Jubilee Drive-In Theatre, Hwy 365, Manitou Beach, ☏ .
- 1 John's Plate Family Dining, 212 1st Ave W, Watrous, ☏ . Daily 11AM-8:30PM; closed Su M on long weekends. Pizza, steaks.
- 2 Peachwood Restaurant, 303 Main St, Watrous, ☏ . Canadian, Chinese cuisine.
- 3 Pepper Tree Restaurant & Lounge, 203 Main St, Watrous, ☏ . Canadian, Greek.
- 4 Tom's Restaurant, 108 2nd Ave W, Watrous, ☏ . Canadian, Chinese cuisine.
- 5 Watrous Bakery, 305 Main St, Watrous, ☏ . Pastries, baking, coffee.
- Burger Buoy (Seasonal), Main Beach - 315 Maclachlan Ave, Manitou Beach, ☏ . Fast food, ice cream.
- Manitou Beach Golf Club Restaurant, Highway 365, Manitou Beach, ☏ . Fast food, snacks.
- 6 Water's Edge (In Manitou Springs Hotel), 302 MacLachlan Ave, Manitou Beach, ☏ . Sports lounge, steak.
- Village Perk (Seasonal), 305 Maclachlan Avenue, ☏ . Coffee, desserts, sandwiches.
- 1 Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, 302 MacLachlan Ave, Manitou Beach, toll-free: . Features 102 guest rooms, dining and convention facilities, therapeutic indoor pool, spa treatments and esthetics services and a large gift shop.
- 2 Salty Surf Inn, 414 Lake Ave, Manitou Beach (Lake Ave and Hunter St, Manitou Beach).
- 3 Super 8 by Wyndham - Watrous (Watrous Motel), 604 1st Ave E (Hwy 2), Watrous, ☏ . $113.
- 4 Last Mountain Inn, 802 2nd Ave E, Watrous (junction of Hwys 2 and 365), ☏ , toll-free: .
- 5 Sundown Motel, 402 1st Ave E, Watrous, ☏ . $70 - $85.
- 7 Manitou and District Regional Park, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Large pull-through sites $35/day. Side by side pull-through sites $33/day. $5 reservation fee. 48-hour cancellation policy. $24-35.
|Routes through Watrous-Manitou Beach|
|Edmonton ← Saskatoon ←||W E||→ Melville → Winnipeg|
|Prince Albert ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Chamberlain → Moose Jaw|