Wem is a small market town in Shropshire.
Wem train station is served by Arriva Trains (Wales) from Shrewsbury, roughly every 2 hours, journey takes around 20 minutes and costs £3.10. Trains also run in the opposite direction from Cheshire.
Arriva buses from Shrewsbury, journey takes roughly 1 hour.
Almost everywhere in Wem can be accessed by foot. However a local bus that runs from the Co-op in the centre of town around the housing estates, journeys cost from 20p. There are also a few local taxi firms.
- Mythstories Museum. is a unique museum of Myth & Fable located in Wem. Mythstories has exhibitions and storytelling research material. It features regular storytelling events throughout the year and admission is free.
- Hawkestone Follies (Just 3 miles from Wem). The Follies is made up of cliffs, caves, woods and a series of extraordinary monuments. After years of neglect, it was restored and re-opened in 1993.
- Old Rectory Hotel, Lowe Hill Rd, ☎ .
- Soulton Hall, B5065, Soulton, ☎ .
- 1 Hawkstone Park, Weston Under Redcastle, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. This property includes 2 championship golf courses.