Wem is a small market town in Shropshire.
1 Wem train station is served by Arriva Trains (Wales) from Shrewsbury, roughly every 2 hours, journey takes around 20 minutes and costs £3.10. Trains also run in the opposite direction from Cheshire.
Arriva buses from Shrewsbury, journey takes roughly 1 hour.
Almost everywhere in Wem can be accessed by foot. However a local bus that runs from the Co-op in the centre of town around the housing estates, journeys cost from 20p. There are also a few local taxi firms.
- 1 Mythstories Museum, Aston St, SY4 5AU, ☏ . is a unique museum of Myth & Fable located in Wem. Mythstories has exhibitions and storytelling research material. It features regular storytelling events throughout the year. Admission is free.
- 2 Hawkestone Follies, Weston Under Redcastle, SY4 5UY (Just 3 miles from Wem). The Follies is made up of cliffs, caves, woods and a series of extraordinary monuments. After years of neglect, it was restored and re-opened in 1993.
- 1 Old Rectory Hotel, Lowe Hill Rd, SY4 5UA, ☏ .
- 2 Soulton Hall, B5065, Soulton, SY4 5RS, ☏ .
- 3 Hawkstone Park, Weston Under Redcastle, SY4 5UY, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. This property includes 2 championship golf courses.