- 1 Westchester County Airport (HPN IATA also known as White Plains Airport), 240 Airport Rd (3 miles NE of West Harrison), ☏ (airlines). The airport is served by five airlines and two scheduled charter airlines (America Eagle, Cape Air, Delta, Delta Connection, JetBlue, Reliant Air, Tradewind Aviation, and United Express). They serve 16 destinations, mainly Atlanta, Charlotte, Detroit, Washington DC, and destinations throughout Florida, with seasonal routes to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. However, commercial flights only account for roughly a quarter of all aircraft operations at Westchester County Airport. Westchester is an affluent county, as is nearby Fairfield County, CT, and the runways at KHPN are just over 30 miles north of Manhattan. As a result, private planes are responsible for the majority of flights at Westchester County, especially as an alternative to Teterboro Airport, which is dedicated to private aviation, but opposite the Hudson River in Teterboro, New Jersey. There are 3 FBO providers and 5 private terminals on-site at White Plains Airport (Ross Aviation East & West, Signature Flight Support East & West, Million Air). Air charter brokers including Wolf Aviation and Private Jets Teterboro offer access to charter planes in New York and across the country. Due to its proximity to Manhattan, business jets are the main offering, however aircraft can range from single and twin-engine propeller planes to luxury jets and airliners.
- 'Metro North: this commuter train runs throughout Westchester, with the closest stop to West Harrison being White Plains.
- Bee Line Bus System: the Bee Line runs all throughout Westchester, with three stops in West Harrison.
There isn't too much to see in West Harrison, but during some seasons, especially winter, Lake Street is a beautiful spectacle.
- Ron Belmont Pool Complex (in John Passidomo Park). This resort includes a main pool with a zero-gravity entrance that goes up to depths of six feet, a young children's pool that goes up to depths of 12 inches, and two plastic water slides (one open and one closed). There is also a snack-bar and outdoor dining area.
- Haunted Dead End, 311 Gainsborg Ave. (Only on Halloween). Every Halloween, a group of family and friends set up one of the most freightening experiences for anyone who is in the area. This isn't your typical haunted house walkthough, yet more of a stage full of actors covered in the terrifying costumes, chasing around trick-or-treaters up and down the block.
- Silver Lake. (During some parts of the winter). On the border of West Harrison rests Silver Lake, where with the proper permits and a small boat you can fish on the lake during the Spring and Summer. Also during the Winter when there is a period of consecutive days under freezing temperatures, the lake will freeze and town officials allow people to skate on the lake.
- [dead link] Trevi Ristorante, 11 Taylor Square, ☏ . Trevi is an upscale, family-style Italian restaurant. Prices range from $20-60 per meal.
- Aquario, 141 East Lake St, ☏ . Another upscale restaurant that offers fine Portuguese and Brazilian cuisine. The menu and prices change regularly due to picking the freshest foods in season, yet normally prices range from $20-50 per meal.
- 97 Lake Bar and Grill (formerly Chef Andre's).
- Kicho Sushi (formerly Silver Lake Bakery).
There aren't any bars or pubs in West Harrison, but 5 minutes away in White Plains there is a strip full of places to drink.
There aren't any hotels or lodges in West Harrison, but 5 minutes away in White Plains there are a variety of places to sleep.
|Routes through West Harrison|
|Parsippany ← White Plains ←||W E||→ Purchase → Rye|