Western Tamil Nadu is in India. It consists of the districts of Coimbatore, Erode, Nilgiris, and Tirupur.
Here are some of the most notable cities.
- Coimbatore — largest city in the region; industrial and educational cluster; the textile capital of South India; also known as the Manchester of the South
- Coonoor — Hill Station
- Devala — Hill Town
- Erode — center for turmeric and textile productions; known as textile city and turmeric city
- Gobichettipalayam — also known as mini kollywood; famous for white silk, turmeric and platain
- Gudalur — Hill Town
- Kotagiri — Hill Station
- Pollachi — Picture postcard views
- Tirupur (Tiruppur) — also known as an export city; largest exporter of textiles in the country
- Topslip — Tourist destination
- Udumalaippettai — Little cute town
- Valparai — Small ethnic place
- Isha Yoga Centre — an ashram near the city of Coimbatore
- Mudumalai National Park — offers a variety of flora and fauna plus the opportunity to go on an elephant safari