Wikivoyage:Go-between reports/Portuguese/Portuguese Wikivoyage Report for 2 May 2006
Progress in general
- Article count: 177 (15% increase from last month). Only 1 article (Turkey) has crossed the outline status line over to usable or guide status (though we still haven't established an article rating system).
- No new translations of policies and help pages, but they had previously advanced a lot, so that's not quite an issue.
- Wikivoyage was advertised on Portuguese Wikipedia announcements page for a while (before aquisition by IB) and the reaction was generally positive. Decided to halt promotion on w: articles until pt: articles get more substance.
- Upload of country templates still waiting for proper discussion
13 new users (71 now, a 22.5% increase) but only 1 (that's me!) making regular text contributions (except for the very helpful User:(WT-en) Episteme, who we should really thank for interlanguage-ing articles in all versions as usual). Apparently there are no regular anonymous contributors.
Focus during the next month
Much of what as proposed last month and not accomplished, which is to translate more of the Manual of style
- Keep on being patient, welcoming and encouraging to new users.
The interlanguage links to pt: user pages from en: and others is still waiting to be fixed and sould probably be reported as a bug. When such links are placed on other language versions, the software won't suppress the namespace only for Portuguese. Check it (WT-en) here and (WT-es) here
- Pt: is quite under control
- It feels a bit lonesome (but peaceful) there :o)
Feel free to leave your comments here. (WT-en) Ricardo (Rmx) 21:06, 2 May 2006 (EDT)