The Massachusetts Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Massachusetts. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for Massachusetts
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 04 June 2017.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
I would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get an "Sleep" listing and content in the "Get in" of every article.
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to other attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Reorganization of regions, see Talk:Massachusetts#Massachusetts Reorg.
- Swansea (Massachusetts) - listings need sorting out
- Move listings out of region articles, for example Martha's Vineyard.
- Merge Millbury into Worcester (Massachusetts)
Merge Berlin (Massachusetts), Boylston, Bolton (Massachusetts), Lancaster (Massachusetts) and Sterling (Massachusetts) into Clinton (Massachusetts)
- Plymouth Colony is an extra hierarchical region with next to no content. Delete, merge, keep, expand or what?
merge Winchester (Massachusetts) into Woburn (Massachusetts) merge Melrose (Massachusetts) into Malden
- merge Cape Cod sub regions
Travel topics and itineraries
The following travel topics and itineraries concern destinations or attractions in Massachusetts:
- Boston Black Heritage Trail - ranked guide
- Freedom Trail - ranked outline
- Boston Harborwalk - a lot of structure can be copied from here.
- Major towns: -
- To complete regions: -
Article ideas and requests
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Sleep listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Eat listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without See and Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without See listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Event listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Drink listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Address Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom needed
- Fix Articles with dead external links
- Fix or remove Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed if connection can be made
- Articles Geo different to Wikidata, change geo or wikidata coordinates to match
- Create redirect for Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- Add coordinated to guidecity and guidedistrict See listing without coordinates
- Add coordinated to guidecity, starcity, guidedistrict and stardistrict Listings without coordinates
- region with listing, do they need moving to city articles?
- huge city with listing, do they need moving to district articles?
- Fix external links without text
- Move in to listing where phone icon used, Tel: used, phone: used and + used
- Indented listing not using double bullet format but :*