From Interstate 87 (Keeseville), take NY Hwy 9N sixteen miles southwest through Au Sable Forks to Jay, then NY Hwy 86 five miles west to Wilmington.
From Lake Placid, take NY Hwy 86 twelve miles north to Wilmington.
This is a small village; there is no public transportation.
- Whiteface Mountain
- North Pole (New York), a tiny crossroads with a Santa Claus theme park
- Jay (New York), a small hamlet with a covered footbridge
- Adirondack Wildlife Refuge and Rehabilitation Center, 997 Springfield Road. Drop in and tour the rehabilitation and education center to visit the birds and other critters (there is an remarkable variety of hawks, falcons, owls--including the Great Horned Owls--and more). The refuge mascots are Cree, a wolf-hybrid, and Zeebie, a wolf pup. The daily walk around the refuge property with the wolves is an extraordinary experience for visitors! (Also on Facebook)
- Ausable River Two Fly Shop, Route 86, ☎ . Owner/operator Tom Conway has over 27 years experience fishing, building rods, & tying flies. (518) 946-FISH
- Candy Man Homemade Adirondack Chocolates & Gifts, Route 86, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Capozio Gallery, 5698 Route 86, ☎ .
- Fran Betters Adirondack Sport Shop, Route 86, ☎ .
- Natural Expressions, 29 Indian Rock Road, ☎ . Photography by Jeri Wright
- [dead link]TCO Fly Shop, 5239 Route 86., ☎ . At the Hungry Trout
- The Country Bear, 5830 Route 86, ☎ .
- Grizzly's, Route 86, ☎ . .
- Hungry Trout Restaurant, 5239 Route 86, ☎ .
- Sportsman's Inn, Route 86, ☎ .
- Little Super Market, 5794 Rt. 86, ☎ . Grocery store, deli, sandwiches.
- Wilderness Inn & Restaurant, 5481 Route 86, ☎ .
- RF McDougall's, Route 86, ☎ . A good pit stop for a burger and a beer.
- Alpine Country Inn & Suites, 5647 Route 86, ☎ .
- [dead link]Whiteface Chalet, 788 Springfield Road, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Grand View Motel, 5941 Route 86, ☎ .
- Hungry Trout Motor Inn, 5239 Route 86, ☎ .
- Huntington's at Whiteface Mountain, 5192 Route 86, ☎ . Motel and cottages.
- Ledge Rock at Whiteface, 5078 Route 86, ☎ , toll-free: . Two-story motel with dining room, across street from Whiteface Mountain.
- Mountain Brook Lodge, 5712 Route 86, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . Check-in: 3pm, check-out: 11am. Motel with outdoor pool, campfire, Christmas-themed souvenir shop. Refrigerator and microwave in rooms. Breakfast.
Bed and breakfast
- Inn at Whiteface, 5093 Route 86, ☎ , toll-free: . Private baths, wifi, TV in room. $90-200.
- Willkommen Hof Bed & Breakfast, 5367 Route 86, ☎ , toll-free: .
- North Pole Inn & Campground, 5636 Route 86, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Adirondack Holiday Home. The Hall Family manages 14 private rental cabins, camps and cottages in and around Wilmington. Ausable riverfront properities available.
- Alpine Country Vacation Rental House, 5647 Route 86, ☎ .
- Buttner's Vacation Rental, 1320 Haselton Road, ☎ .
- Josie's Retreat, 5471 Route 86, ☎ . 4 bedroom, 2 bath, house sleeps 10. $1000-$2800.
- Little Peak Chalet, 39 Juniper Hill Lane, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Lourie House, 1405 Haselton Road, ☎ .
|Routes through Wilmington|
|Jct N S ← Lake Placid ←||W E||→ Jay → Ends at|