Worland is a city in Northwest Wyoming.
Charles H. "Dad" Worland in 1900 dug his underground stage stop here on the old Bridger Trail. From Dad's dugout grew the City of Worland. Early settlers dreamed that the Big Horn River would create a new way of life in the desert. In 1903, a party of surveyors made their way into the Big Horn Basin area to determine the feasibility of a large irrigation project. At that time, the current site of Worland had a population of fewer than 100 people.
By 1904, the project was in full swing and Camp Worland evolved into a community with a school, church, post office, and general store.
- Worland Municipal Airport (IATA: WRL), 1438 Airport Rd (3 miles S of Worland). M-F, 7AM–4PM. Elevation 4,227 feet. Owned and operated by the City of Worland and overseen by the Community Services Commission. Great Lakes Aviation serves Worland Municipal Airport as its commercial carrier. Great Lakes has two (2) flights daily to Denver via Cheyenne (one flight on Saturday and on Sunday).
- US-16 W/US-20 W heads northwest toward Cody.
- US-16 E heads east toward Ten Sleep, Wyoming.
- US-20 E/WY-789 S will take you to Thermopolis.
Greyhound, Java Dreams, 325 N 11th St, Ste D, +1 307 347-3570
- Pioneer Square (On the corner of Big Horn Ave and N 10th St). Created for the 1990 Wyoming Centennial and dedicated to the men and women who dug irrigation canals which transformed the arid country side into a lush farming region. It features a bell tower with clarion bells, an outdoor stage, numerous sculptures, and a memory lane.
- Washakie Museum and Cultural Center, 1115 Obie Sue Ave, ☎ . Exhibits include major historical photograph collection and programs on the art, history, geology, archaeology and paleontology of the region. Exhibits change regularly. It hosts music and theatrical events throughout the year.
- Worland CultureFest. This event takes place every June and celebrates the different cultural diversities within the City of Worland and begins with a parade down Big Horn Ave. Food vendors are located at Pioneer Park, artists' booths are set up on the courthouse lawn, and live entertainment on 9th St.
- Branding Iron Steakhouse, 973 US Hwy 16, ☎ .
- The Brass Plum, 1620 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Ram's Horn Cafe, 629 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Goose's Liquor Store, 802 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Little Chicago, 625 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Rendezvous Lounge, 122 S 7th St, ☎ .
- Rock Bottom Bar & Grill, 607 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Rumors Sports Bar & Grill, 1515 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Best Western, 2200 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Comfort Inn, 100 North Rd 11, ☎ .
- Days Inn Worland, 500 N 10th, ☎ .
- Econo Inn, 1021 Russell Ave, ☎ .
- Pawnee Motel, 119 N 10th St, ☎ .
- Super 8 Worland, 2500 Big Horn Ave, ☎ .
- Town House Motor Inn, 119 N 10th St, ☎ .
- Washakie Memorial Hospital, 400 S 15th St, ☎ .
- Worland Police, 100 N 10th St, ☎ .
|Routes through Worland|
|Yellowstone N.P. ← Basin ←||W E||→ Ten Sleep → Buffalo|
|Yellowstone N.P. ← Basin ←||W E||→ Thermopolis → Casper|