Široki Brijeg, (Croatian for wide hill), sometimes known as Široki Brig or by the local inhabitants simply as Široki, is a town on the river Lištica in northern Herzegovina, in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The town itself has a population of about 10 thousand people, while there are another 20 thousand people in the surrounding countryside.
- From Mostar, 20-25 km.
- From Međugorje, 42 km
- From the Adriatic coast and the city of Ploče, 88 km.
- From the Adriatic coast and the city of Split, 119 km.
- Italian fort (forest road). non stop. Residue of the Italian fort built during world war two above the hill. free.
- Franciscan church and monastery.
- Holy family insitute.
- NK Široki Brijeg. The local football (soccer) club. The town holds a memorial football tournament each year in honour of Gojko Šušak, the former Croatian defence minister, a naturalised Canadian citizen, and town native.
- HKK Široki. The local basketball club.
- Dani Filma (Days of Film). film festival.
- Super Nova.
- Idu dani.
- Don Angelo.
- kod Kitića.
- Dvijei topole (70 yeras tradition), Fra Didaka Buntića bb, ☎ 039 704 240.
- Kod Čuline.
- Kod Čolića.
- Barrique, Trnska cesta bb.
- Galerija, Stjepana Radića.
- Mexx, Stjepana Radića.
- Mozart, Trg Ante Starčevića.
- Passage, Trnska cesta bb.
- Big Ben, Stjepana Radića.
- Saloon, Stjepana Radića.
- James Dean, fra Didaka Buntića.
- Hotel Park (Hotel Park - Široki Brijeg), Trg Ante Starčevića 4, ☎ ++387 39 700 500.