Ashburn is serviced by 2 major airports in the Washington DC metro area. Washington Dulles (IAD) is about 5 miles from Ashburn and Reagan National (DCA) is about 25 miles. Most people who are visiting Ashburn from far away distances are better off flying into Washington Dulles International Airport. The easiest and most convenient way to get to Ashburn from the airport is via taxi. Washington Flyer Taxi has exclusive rights to service IAD and a taxi ride from airport will cost you anywhere between $15-20.
Coming by car, Ashburn is intersected by a few major roads in the Northern Virginia area. Accessible via the Dulles Greenway (toll road), Route 7, or Route 28, travelers have a few options when driving to this city.
Although there are taxis available, those visiting Ashburn will need a car. The neighborhoods and shopping are too spread out to go any other way.
There are plenty of things to see in Ashburn. Be sure to drive around Ashburn to get a good look as what is deemed to be sophisticated suburban life in the subdivisions in and around Ashburn. The homes are striking in that they are nearly all new, large, uniform in charachter, and have little or any recognizable architectural style. In many ways Ashburn is the poster child for the so called "McMansionization of America".
Contrary to popular opinion, Ashburn has its fair share of local artisans which showcase their craft in the form of art, jewelry, and clothes.
- Buffalo Wing Factory, 43761 Parkhurst Plaza #100, ☎ . Best wings in the city. The 911's will knock you out. Bargain prices and always hopping with teenagers and the big game on the big screen. Perfect for families, friends, a late night snack or a place to park and watch the game. $5-$10.
- Asian Spice Cafe, Brambleton Towncenter. Specializes in Chinese food and Sushi. Moderately priced. Serves alcohol. $7-$15.
- Opa! Mezze Grill, 44110 Ashburn Shopping Plaza, ☎ . Specializes in authentic Greek cuisine. The gyros and souvlaki are delicious. $15-$24.
- Frankiberri Premium Frozen Yogurt, The Shops at Moorefields Village, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 12pm to 9pm. We opened Frankiberri in 2012 with a great deal of excitement and desire to provide the best frozen yogurt dishes to the Ashburn, Sterling, Chantilly and Leesburg area. We are family owned and run business, not a franchise, and that means that every fruitful, candy rich frozen yogurt dish that you have with us was made with care and dedication. Our store is located in The Shops at Moorefields Village in Ashburn, Virginia and it has been built to give you and your loved ones a fun place to meet, chat, surf the internet, play on our Ipads, have a birthday party, and even close a business deal with the best ingredients, flavor combinations, and service possible! $10.
- SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, 20065 Lakeview Center Plaza, ☎ .
|Routes through Ashburn|
|Winchester ← Leesburg ←||W E||→ Sterling → Alexandria|
|END ← Leesburg ←||W E||→ Sterling → Falls Church|