(Redirected from Cooperstown (New York))
- For other places with the same name, see Cooperstown (disambiguation).
Cooperstown, in Central New York, is known best for its role as the home of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
The villagers believe that Abner Doubleday invented baseball on a cow pasture within the village in 1839. (The actual origins of baseball are uncertain.)
No Amtrak trains stop in Cooperstown, as the nearest stops are in Amsterdam and Utica. However, the town is served by direct Greyhound/Trailways bus routes.
- Greyhound. Buses stop at Cooperstown's AAA Motor Club at 72 Elm St, a few blocks from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum and Doubleday Field. From New York City's Port Authority Bus Terminal, the ride takes about 5 hours and 30 minutes and costs (as of June 2009) $49.25 one-way or $98.50 round-trip.
- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, 25 Main Street, toll-free: .
- Farmers' Museum, 5775 State Highway 80, ☎ .
- Fenimore Art Museum, 5798 State Highway 80, ☎ .
- Brewery Ommegang, County Highway 33, toll-free: .
- The Smithy-Pioneer Art Gallery, 55 Pioneer Street, ☎ .
- Cooperstown Historic District. There are over 200 historic buildings in this district, many of them on Main Street. Three of the buildings pictured in this article are among those included in the district.
- TJ's Place. Awesome restaurant right on main street
- Stagecoach Coffee, 31 Pioneer Street, ☎ . Less than $10 per person.
- The Brewery Ommegang, 656 County Highway 33, ☎ . Produces authentic Belgian-style ales. Brewery grounds are host to musical events and camping.
- Cooley's Stone House Tavern, 49 Pioneer St, Cooperstown, NY 13326, ☎ . Pub with Irish flair.
- Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard, 288 Goose Street, Fly Creek, NY 13337, toll-free: .
- Best Western Inn & Suites at the Commons, 50 Commons Drive, ☎ . Beautiful hotel with spacious extended stay suites.
- Landmark Inn, 64 Chestnut Street, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. $139-359.
|Routes through Cooperstown|
|Herkimer ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Oneonta → Kingston|