Dawei (Tavoy) is the capital of Tanintharyi Division, in Southeastern Myanmar.
Get in 
Get around 
- Shin Motehti Pagoda, a few miles south of town.
- Shin Datweh Pagoda, in the north.
- Shin Maw Pagoda, on the Dawei promontory.
- Lawka Tharaphu Pagoda. Houses a 75-metre long reclining Buddha image.
- Longyi (a sarong) is a famous local product.
- Cashew nuts and betel nuts are grown for export as well as a variety of tropical fruits including durian ("the King of Fruits").
- Zin thi (in local language) is only found in Dawei and surrounding areas. It is sweet and slightly sour.