Forster is pronounced Foster, and is a popular seaside destination for family summer holidays. There is a large selection of accommodation, and many interesting places for safe swimming, as well as paddle boats and the like. Many facilities are here that would normal surround such a destination.
It is a place of summer pilgrimage for generations of holidaying families from Sydney.
It has a twin town of Tuncurry on the northern side of the inlet.
- Whale watching. In season.
Surf or lake. There are multiple beaches to swim at in the Forster area.
If you head south from Forster you will pass by the 4 most popular beaches in the area, Elizabeth Beach, Shelly Beach, Boomerang Beach and Blueys Beach.
- Elizabeth Beach is a good family beach, fairly shallow all the way out
- Shelly Beach is a bit of a hike and is also a Clothing Optional beach so probably not the best for young kids
- Boomerang Beach is the best of the beaches for Surfing
- Blueys Beach is a lovely, long beach, fairly shallow and good for families.
- Paddle Boats.
Sanctuary Hill Retreat, 200 Watsons Road, Krambach, ☎ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. Sanctuary Hill Retreat provides Bed & Breakfast accommodation located in the Manning Valley. Located twenty minutes off the Pacific Highway at Nabiac. Guest accommodation has been specifically designed for couples but able to cater for a maximum of four guests. Children are welcome, however accommodation may not be suitable for young children, as the second bedroom is separated from the main dwelling by a breezeway. From $120 / night.