Francistown is a major transportation hub in Northeastern Botswana and is the gateway to northern Botswana.
By Car: A1: Connects Francistown to Gaborone in the south and to Zimbabwe in the north.
A3: Connects Francistown to Nata and Maun to the west.
By Bus: Buses about every hour to and from Gaborone and the trip takes 5-7 hours.
Because it is a transportation hub, Francistown connects to most other villages and towns in the northern part of the country. Direct buses travel to tourist destinations like Maun and Kasane.
There are also several buses that leave daily for Bulawayo and Harare in Zimbabwe.
By Plane: Francistown has its own International airport which is currently undergoing a P500 million expansion.
Currently the airport is only served commercially by Air Botswana 
Air Botswana offers two daily flights to Gaborone, and flights to Johannesburg, South Africa on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
By Train: As of April 2009, Rail Botswana no longer offers passenger service. There is rail service from Francistown to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. The train departs Francistown on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Staurdays. 
Prices are comparable to the U.S.
- The "Hype" store and "Game" are similar to a Sam's Club or Cosco and Wal-Mart.
- Pick & Pay and Shoprite are a Supermarket.
- Barbara's Bistro (at the Sport Club), ☎ 241 3737.
- Calabash Coffee Shop (on the corner of Baines and St Patrick), ☎ 240 3360.
- Nando's Chicken. The Chicken at Nando's is excellent with Caribbean flavors.
- Spur Restaurant. Spur has decent burgers and steaks.
- Woodlands Stop Over (10km north of town.).
- Metcourt Lodge.
- The Nest.
- The Enclave.
- Cresta Thapama Lodge. One of the first hotels in modern Francistown, it has 3 lovely pools in the backdrop of geen grass, palm trees and a stocked bar. The pool table usually has a ball missing, but it adds to the character of the place. Watch out for bees with your sugary drinks!
The rooms nice and simple, but the facilities are more attractive than msot hotels in Francistown, with the pools, a gym and a squash court. Prices however, reflect the added benefits.
- Tati River Lodge. A lovely hotel on the banks of the Tati River - It has lush greenery surrounding a swimming pool and bar. The rooms are varied to suit your price range, from a basic room to an executive room with a balcony. There is also the option of camping if you are so inclined, with water and open fire facilities. It's a lovely place to stop off and the restaurant at the far end of the hotel does lovely food.
- Emoyo Villa (A Francistown Guest House), Plot 21616, Tati River South (Molapo Estates 8oo metres after Adonsonia), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 19:00, check-out: 10:00. Emoyo Villa offers 7 en suite rooms in a serene neighborhood. All rooms are air conditioned with Satellite television. Contact us for additional services provided on site. Emoyo.
- Marang Hotel, 2 km from downtown. The biggest hotel in Francistown