North America > United States of America > Great Plains > Kansas > Central Kansas > Hutchinson (Kansas)
Amtrak's daily Chicago-Los Angeles Southwest Chief line stops in Hutchinson. This stop has no ticket office and no Quik-Trak ticket machine so tickets must be purchased at another station or online.
- Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, 1100 North Plum St, toll-free: .
- Kansas Underground Salt Museum, 3504 East Avenue G at Airport Road (On Airport Road between Highway 50 and the airport), toll-free: . Explore a salt mine 650 feet underground. Features a museum located underground and a "dark ride" tour. $15 adults/$10 children.
- Reno County Museum, 100 South Walnut & Avenue A, ☎ .
- Dillon Nature Center, 3002 East 30th (On 30th Ave just east of K-61), ☎ . 8 am to dusk. A 100-acre nature park with ponds and hiking trails. There is also a visitor center featuring indoor educational exhibits. Free.
- Hedrick's Exotic Animal Farm, 7910 N. Roy L. Smith Rd. Nickerson, KS (8 miles west of Hutchinson on Highway 96 near Nickerson), toll-free: . A bed & breakfast and exotic animal farm. Call ahead for reservations.
- Yoder Amish Community, Yoder, Kansas (11 miles southeast of Hutchinson on K-96). Yoder is a small Amish community. Visit the downtown shops and try the Carriage Crossing restaurant.
- Carey Park (Located at the south end of Hutchinson). Large park with a golf course, the Hutchinson Zoo, and Salt City Splash water park.
Try out some of the nice water parks
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1601 Super Plaza Ave, ☎ .
- Hutchinson Microtel Inn & Suites, 1420 N. Lorraine, ☎ , fax: +1 620 663-7282.
|Routes through Hutchinson|
|Dodge City ← Kinsley ←||W E||→ Newton → Kansas City|