- Muaro Jambi. Seat of the Melayu Kingdom in the 4th-13th centuries, and Sumatra's largest archaeological site.
- Bukit Duabelas National Park. Some of the last reamining lowland rainforests in Sumatra, and home to the nomadic Orang Rimba tribe.
- Taman Tanggo Rajo, Alongside Sungai Batanghari River bank. Taman Tanggo Rajo is a kind of park alongside Sungai Batanghari river bank. If you go there in the afternoon, you can find a lot of snacks like grilled corn, bakso, chicken noodle, and sugar cane juice. free entrance.
- Shopping at Matahari, Gatot Subroto Street. 10am-9pm. Matahari is one of the department store at Jambi. There are a lot of shops in front of Matahari. It is located next to Novita Hotel. Just 10 minutes from Sultan Thaha Airport by car.
- Shopping at WTC, Next to Taman Tanggo Rajo. 10 am-10 pm. WTC stands for Wiltop Trade Center. It is a big and convenient shopping center in Jambi. There are a lot of shops inside, for example: A&W, KFC, J&CO donuts, Bread Talk, Hypermart, and Ramayana.
- Batik Jambi. Batik Jambi is a kind of Indonesian textile with specific motifs. You can find it in batik shops in Jambi. Price variable.
- Pempek Asiong, Talang Banjar. 10am-10pm. Pempek Asiong, in business for approximately 50 years, is a very authentic and traditional restaurant in Jambi. This restaurant sells an Indonesian traditional food called pempek. Pempek is a kind of fish cake, made from a mixture of fish, flour, and water. It may take various shapes: some are cylindrical, some are curly, and some are round. In addition, they also serve a large variety of other fish dishes, such as model, tekwan, lenggang, and otak-otak. IDR1500/pcs.
- Mie Pangsit Jambi, Easy to find around Jambi City. 7.30am-10pm. Mie Pangsit Jambi is one of the most famous noodles in Indonesia. It could only be found in Jambi, thus, it is one of the must-eat dish in Jambi. There are two kinds of Mie Pangsit; first is the normal size and shape noodle and the second one is called Mee Pokk, which means that the noodles are thinner and bigger compared to the normal noodle. Some stores in Jambi sell this noodle with pork soup and some stores sell it with chicken soup (due to Halal qualification). IDR15000/portion.
- Durian, Sold along the pedestrian walk. 24 hours. Durian is a kind of fruit found in Indonesia. It has a very strong smell but is considered by many in the region to the the "King of Fruits," due to its unique, rich taste. In Jambi, durian is cheap because it grows here.
- Sate Padang, Alongside pedestrian walk. 5 pm-10 pm. Sate Padang is a kind of roasted beef on a skewer, marinated in a traditional rempah (spice mixture). It is a little hot. IDR 5.000.
- H.Hussin Restaurant, Talang Banjar. 6pm. This is a traditional Indian restaurant. It has been in business for many years and is the most popular Indian restaurant in Jambi. They serve roti canai, Indian martabak and nasi briyani. IDR 15.000.
- Saimen bakery and restaurant, Pasar Jambi. 7 am-10 pm. Saimen bakery and restaurant is located at the heart of Jambi city. They serve so many kind of cakes and other baked goods, in both traditional and modern styles. Attached to the bakery is a restaurant that serves fried chicken, french fries, noodles, fried rice, and traditional foods and beverages. variable.
- Holala Restaurant, Mr. Asaat street. 9 am. Holala restaurant serves many kinds of Western and Eastern foods at affordable prices IDR 20.000.
- Novita Hotels, Jl. Gatot Subroto no.44, ☎ 50808. Single, Double, Suite rooms
- Restaurant & Bar - Karaoke, discoteque - Swimming pool, fitness center - Conference room, convention hall
- Ratu Hotel and Ressort, Jl. Slamet Riyadi No. 40, Broni, ☎ 64667. Single, Double, Suite rooms
- Restaurant & Bar - Karaoke, discoteque - Swimming pool - Conference room, convention hall - Souvenir shop
- Abadi Hotel Suite Tower, Jl. HMO Bafadal no 111. 124 Premium Class Room 24 Hours Room Service. Rose Garden. Coffee Shop & Pub Grill. Lotus Chinese Restaurant. Anggrek Executive Lounge. Sakura VIP Karaoke Room. Kusuma VIP Jacuzi & Massage Room. Meeting Room. Waterpark. Indentified Elevator. Safe Deposit Box. Private Mini Bar. Hot Spot Internet. Access Satelite TV Channel. Shuttle Bus to Airport
- Cosmo Hotel, Jalan soekarno Hatta 07.
The airport has daily flight to Jakarta. Garuda Indonesia serves for premium services while the other airlines are budget.